Android box unable to reach Google servers when trying to register TV

DC8808

May 24, 2023
Visit site
Hi there,

I have an Android TV box (not a cheap knockoff) which has been paired fine with my Samsung TV for months. I use the Android box remote to control the power on the Samsung TV. The other day the box lost its pairing with the TV for whatever reason, and now I cannot register the TV with the box again.

When trying to add my TV to be able to use the Android remote to control the TV power, I get the error, "Unable to reach Google servers".

What gives? I've tried a factory reset of the Android box and no go. My internet connection is unchanged and everything Google is working fine on my other devices.

zill

Jun 7, 2023
Visit site
I've got a Thomason THA100 (it's a Skyworth LEAP-S1) for some months and got exactly the same problem.
The remote suddenly stops working properly with my soundbar and after trying to reconnect it, the error "Unable to reach Google servers" appears. 😒
After factory reset the same problem. 😭

What I'm doing.
Bought me a Google Chromecast (4K) and it works. Perfect, I'm happy again. 🤑

3 days later, the Chromecast doesn't respond. Stuck at the homescreen and nothing happend.
Factory reset, first problem login to my account with home app doesn't work and then I want to setup the remote -> "an error has occurred " 🤬

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've got a Thomason THA100 (it's a Skyworth LEAP-S1) for some months and got exactly the same problem.
The remote suddenly stops working properly with my soundbar and after trying to reconnect it, the error "Unable to reach Google servers" appears. 😒
After factory reset the same problem. 😭

What I'm doing.
Bought me a Google Chromecast (4K) and it works. Perfect, I'm happy again. 🤑

3 days later, the Chromecast doesn't respond. Stuck at the homescreen and nothing happend.
Factory reset, first problem login to my account with home app doesn't work and then I want to setup the remote -> "an error has occurred " 🤬
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about the problems with the Chromecast. You may want to just bring it back to the seller and ask for an exchange, because that sounds like a hardware defect.

Otherwise, you could try contacting Google support for Chromecast here: https://support.google.com/chromecast/chromecast/?hl=en#topic=3058948

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174