Android Central predicts that the honor 8 will get Oreo

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Huawei didn't outright state oreo. It said emui 8 which XDA-Developers assumed to mean oreo ,which does not necessarily mean oreo. Sites like Android Police took this to mean that honor 8 will get emui 8 BUT will be stuck on nougat. Android Police reached out to Huawei who issued the following statement

"To ensure Honor 8 users also benefit from the latest user experience upgrades, new functions of EMUI 8.0 will be ported to the Honor 8. Further update details will be released within one week. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your support and interest in Honor."

Only time will tell I guess.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This would be really awesome to have - even if it's just some features of EMUI 8 and we're still stuck on Nougat - but I've honestly kind of given up hope. Or I've just kind of decided to wait and see and whatever happens, happens.

When you think about it, they may only be doing this because of their promise retraction. If they never promised Oreo in the first place, then they wouldn't have to be scrambling now to throw Honor 8 owners a bone from wherever they can get it.

In any case, it would be nice to have a few new features! Thank you for the link!

frankras

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Now I got the B401 update. Are downloading right now.

153 mb so nothing big to hope for.

Edit : the security patch 1. Januar 2018 was included in this update.

Frank

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19