Android Central's Free Droid X giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyman375

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
because you can hold it any way you like, and still get a signal on a network capable of handling the data use? If only it had a retina display though...

bdonical

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X is the hottest phone of the year because:

Look at the Specs! Anyone that knows anything about the phone should know the list but the 1GHZ TI OMAP with plenty of RAM stands out to me the most. It's already a beast out of the box, but wait until the freelance devs get a hold of this thing. It will be interesting to see how this thing can be overclocked. Excellent performance and excellent gaming. No FPS crippling like HTC. Snapdragon is so overrated!

Also, it's a Droid by Motorola so it's built like an industrial product. The original Droid is built like a tank and I am sure Motorola continued that level of build quality. Every review says that it is a solidly built phone and no one else does it like Moto. I can't wait to see a Droid X with 2.2.

Furthermore,
DroidDoes is the most brilliant marketing campaign for a phone ever. Verizon is building a brand by marketing an army of phones. They can keep upgrading the hardware while keeping the "Droid" name in people's minds. Also, the scavenger hunt is an awesome idea. Unfortunately my crappy phone's battery running out caused me to miss the GPS announcement of #14 by 28 minutes. I had the van ready to go and it was a straight shot down Lake Shore Drive to the Lincoln Park Zoo. I almost cried because it took my nemesis (the lucky winner) like 35 minutes to reach it and I could have totally made it there within 10 minutes.

Finally,
It's an Android phone.

Yoda#AC

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Why?

Because my original Droid was just powerful enough to cast doubt into my coworkers' minds about their iPhones.... but the bigger, faster, badder, Droid X will settle the iPhone / Android debate once and for all! :)

Droid roX! (oh, and so does Android Central! - I know... sorry... I have no shame!)

rans42

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Best Phone of The year

The Droid X is the best phone of the year because of its gorgeous hardware including the generous 4.3 in display. This allows for great multimedia integration and content viewing and navigation. The HD video recording is great along with the dedicated microphone for video capture. All that plus mobile hotspot capability and running the best mobile OS makes the DROID x the phone of the year.

androidlove

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a winner to me

There are the obvious features like the larger screen, faster processor, and plenty of RAM and flash. The FM tuner is a very nice touch that I could see using quite often. I also like how they've added some useful UI tweaks without making it feel heavy. But there are two features that really stand out to me: first, that they've packed so much punch into a device that sounds like it won't drain the battery dry in a couple of hours. Second, and this would be a new experience for me as the owner of an aging iPhone, would be the ability to complete a conversation in a single phone call (holding it any way I want!) rather than multiple calls due to chronic dropping.

Dr Mixer

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Looking for some Action...

Let's be honest here... The Droid X is the hottest phone out there because it will cure every man's battle! For starters, the large 720p screen will allow for optimal viewing of select content (that is unavailable on that other device.) 1 GHz processor means that I will be able to keep up with the speed, because every second matters when you don't want to get caught. Lastly, the ambidextrous user can appreciate some Left-Handed action.

I'm talking about Watching the NFL Network (only on Verizon!) on the Droid X, while I'm at work! :p

am1983

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As a Droid Incredible user, I think the Droid X will pick up right where the Incredible left off. The name itself has one letter, "X", which alone tells you it doesnt' have to say much to show its power. Huge screen which will make people nosey to look at the insane device in your hand. What's more appealing is how thin it is. You can actually use this device as a weapon to knock someone out who will try to steal it from you and then record them in HD passed out on the floor. For the finishing touch you can restart the phone and let them hear the "DROID" sound!!!

Droid X FTW!!!!!

jjperez1920

May 17, 2010
Visit site
dose what that otherguy can't

I think that saying why this will be the hottest phone is a Bit easy. Trying to say it wont well.... I mean unless you have the network verzion has with the magnacoolate of smart ones trimming like a beast of a machine soon to get 2.2 you're dead in the water:confused:

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X will be the hottest phone. Huge screen, amazing features(namely the absence of motoblur interface), are great draw points. The great camera and 720p video with the hdmi mini out is an amazing addition. This is the phone that the Incredible should have been. And with the promise of Froyo sooner than most phones...this will be the great summer of X.

djtullox

May 12, 2010
Visit site
1. You mean besides the spec sheet???

2. Based on the success of the Droid, Motorola can ride that wave with their next two devices.

3. Plus, the timing of the release may capture some people's attention due to Apple's sub-par handling of the iPhone 4 antenna issue as well as those waiting for HTC Incredible's to become available again. Plus Motorola's phone build quality seems far and away better than the competition (read: htc) Don't get me started on the Incredible...that phone is utter garbage in my eyes. Three phones in 2 weeks. That's worse than my Palm Pre woes.

4. In all likeliness, the Moto lineup will receive OTA updates to Froyo before most.

5. You mean besides the spec sheet??? :)

Smimes

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X is one (can I say) sexy piece of equipment. With a massive display and sleek design plus a new processor makes the Droid X the hottest phone of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans