Android Lollipop Release dates(ish) comfirmed?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I second that... It would be an epic fail if it takes til spring to roll out the update. It is like a pot on the stove, water will not come to a boil if you keep an eye on it. Stop worrying about when you will get the update and before you know it it will be here :)

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I second that... It would be an epic fail if it takes til spring to roll out the update. It is like a pot on the stove, water will not come to a boil if you keep an eye on it. Stop worrying about when you will get the update and before you know it it will be here :)

I'm with you... I'm happy with my Turbo with Kit Kat. When Big Red and Motorola get lollipop right for the Turbo, so be it...

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
here is the actual official droid twitter btw for reference: https://twitter.com/DroidLanding

edit: not bogus, that is an official droid instagram account that made that comment

Account: Instagram

Official Twitter account promoting the instagram account: https://twitter.com/DroidLanding/status/544544926391107584

Thanks for the info, bizzyqu. My prior "bogus" was also based on the assumption it was a tweet. I'm actually following that account on Instagram.

That said, while "bogus" isn't appropriate, I find it highly unlikely that anyone is going to give us a "date" for the Lollipop rollout to the Turbo. "Spring" is a generic CYA type answer, I figure. When it comes much sooner, how happy will the masses be?

Of course, I also had a Maxx that missed several incrimental updates "waiting" for that next one that was going to be so much better, you know, because it's coming soon anyway. Drove me sort of nuts.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
People wait for these updates like they're the second coming! At this point, its not going to be a huge difference between K and L. Just enjoy the phone you have now.

Last edited:

slidesJ

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Although disappointing, I would not be surprised if 'Spring 2015' turns out to be true.

I say this based on assumption, conjecture, rumor, blog post, android news sites, and my experience working in software development.

In the Motorola Turbo forums, someone posted the rumor that 5.0.1, 5.0.2, etc would only be for those with 5.0 only, which could easily be accurate (although I though something went straight to 5.0.1)

However with recent news of 5.1 to be released early to mid February, with significant fixes; silence/vibration, possible memory leak, etc, I could certainly see Motorola/Verizon wanting to wait for 5.1 instead of pushing 5.0.x and trying to turn around and push 5.1 for those fixes quickly after just updating (cost, headaches)

Now assuming mid-Feb release, and assuming Moto X (2014) would get it first say two weeks later, and Turbo following conservatively 2 - 4 weeks afterwards, that would put us in mid to late March (maybe even early April) for the Turbo update, so I could see Spring 2015 as accurate.

Now, I have been excited for Lollipop early after Material Design and other features were announced before the actual release, however when I moved from my Moto X (2013) and choose the Turbo over the Moto X (2014) for battery and specs, I knew that this was a risk

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
People wait for these updates like they're the second coming! At this point, its not going to be a huge difference between K and J. Just enjoy the phone you have now.

But K has three sticks merging together at one point (two, depending on how it is formed) and J is just a curve with a longer line on the side. I consider that to be a huge difference to go from sharp corners to a softer curve.

And then there's L. The ol 90 degree right angle whose child version has an identity crisis in looking like I.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But K has three sticks merging together at one point (two, depending on how it is formed) and J is just a curve with a longer line on the side. I consider that to be a huge difference to go from sharp corners to a softer curve.

And then there's L. The ol 90 degree right angle whose child version has an identity crisis in looking like I.

I see no problem with I looking like I but I find it odd that l looks like I when I is looking at I

RAdamHadAMeal

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Weren't we promised end of 2014? I don't mind. I would like lollipop ASAP, but it's no priority. The thing that bugs me is broken promises. If I wanted those, I would have stayed on Windows Phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
People wait for these updates like they're the second coming! At this point, its not going to be a huge difference between K and J. Just enjoy the phone you have now.
Exactly. Followed by the obligatory 2 months worth of posts after the rollout about how it screwed up everybodys' phones.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Weren't we promised end of 2014? I don't mind. I would like lollipop ASAP, but it's no priority. The thing that bugs me is broken promises. If I wanted those, I would have stayed on Windows Phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

The only update promised by year's end was the VOLTE update

pepsijunky

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Gotta love the hard core "must have the software now!" people as well as the hardcore "Easy bro, who needs the software now, just wait!" people.

Bottom line for me, we've all waited long enough, it's time for the software to be close or done. You can't REALLY work the kinks out until the consumer has it.

Bring on 5.0! :)

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Gotta love the hard core "must have the software now!" people as well as the hardcore "Easy bro, who needs the software now, just wait!" people.

Bottom line for me, we've all waited long enough, it's time for the software to be close or done. You can't REALLY work the kinks out until the consumer has it.

Bring on 5.0! :)

I agree. I am usually annoyed by defenses of delays as the powers that be working out the bugs so we get an even better release. Then, another release is close so let's just wait for that one!

That's exactly what happened a couple of times with the '13 Droids (I had the Maxx), so I'm particularly sensitive to it again.

asbarrett

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I really don't think we want Lollipop right now anyway. It's still pretty buggy according to the Nexus users out there. I want new software as much as the next guy, but I want it to be not broken.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582