Android market results

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Android market only shows 1 page of results even though there are 459 results for the item that I searched for. Anyone else having this problem?

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

sonicbluemustang

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your build prop as to what you be able to dl. If it thinks your phone is a higher end phone than u can dl much stuff. Instead of a ls670 it can be a Nexus S 4G from HTC. too funny, huh. :)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Depends on your build prop as to what you be able to dl. If it thinks your phone is a higher end phone than u can dl much stuff. Instead of a ls670 it can be a Nexus S 4G from HTC. too funny, huh. :)
The problem has nothing to do with downloads, as far as I know!
Example in the search box i searched for "Weatherbug" shows 459 results, (apps that are not compatible are filter out) but when i scroll through I can only see roughly 15 to 20 of the results, roughly one page. I came across this problem when i was trying to get weatherbug for her samsung replenish. Then I tried it on my phone and I have the same problem, different phones, different versions of the market.

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I really can't stand the new market.
Yea, right now I am trying the new one. 3.1.3. See how that goes. If not I will install the older one. I have a copy saved in TB and one on PC.

sent from my CM7 gingerbread Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did!

Kamron

Punk a$$ b1tcH
Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The problem has nothing to do with downloads, as far as I know!
Example in the search box i searched for "Weatherbug" shows 459 results, (apps that are not compatible are filter out) but when i scroll through I can only see roughly 15 to 20 of the results, roughly one page. I came across this problem when i was trying to get weatherbug for her samsung replenish. Then I tried it on my phone and I have the same problem, different phones, different versions of the market.

It's definitely not limited to a problem with the android app. Go to market.android.com from your computer browser, run the same search for "Weatherbug" and filter the results for your phone. I saw about "460 results", but when I started paging through the results, there were really only about 80-120 total results. Nothing showed up for me past the 7th page. I think maybe Google is inflating their app counts...that way they can pass Apple quicker. ;)

Last edited:

DarkHelmet666

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Same problem on DroidX2. Im glad its just not me but was hoping to find more of an answer. I gave had many searches show over 1000 results, bur only 15-20 are displayed.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
To use the old market, freeze the "market updater" app with titanium backup. Then select settings > applications > market > uninstall updates. You are now on the old market and it will not force update until you "unfreeze" market updater with TB.

captmeach7

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Only first page of search results displays
Some users have reported that when searching in the Android Market app, they get a large number of results, but they're unable to scroll beyond the first page of those results. We're aware of this issue, and we're currently investigating.

Known Issues-->
Android Market Apps Known Issues - Android Market Help

Maybe they can fix it next update.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The results in the market app just suck anyways. Ill search by a keyword that is in the title and after going threw many pages, i find the app for which i search has not been returned. Almost have to type an app name in perfectly. I used to use AppBrain Market cause it allows you to choose how results are listed and seemed to return more relavent results.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila