Android Newb!!

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone! I Just wanted to stop in and say hello and give a little insight into the reason for my switch to Android.

I'll be getting my first Android based device (Droid X) later today. After 2 or 3 years of using BlackBerry I've decided to make the switch. RIM is good at what they do but imo they move slow (as far as innovation goes) and I got a bit tired of waiting. Not to mention the fact that OS 6 didn't look like a huge improvement over OS 5. Anyway enough about that, I'm going to have my device in 12 hours or less and I'm really looking forward to it! I know the Droid is going to take a bit of getting used to coming from a BlackBerry, so I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions on making the transition a little easier. Any input is welcome! :D

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a Blackberry and after seeing my Incredible, she can't wait until she's eligible for upgrade so she can switch to Android... You won't be sorry.

Welcome aboard!

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
i recomend getting an email app and a dialer app. my apps of choice are k9 mail which is more like BB mail set up (all messages in one place) and then dialer one which is just amazing and has normal speed dial no short cuts needed and besides thoughs two things just have fun with it and you will be amazed you waited so long to switch

You are right lol. I AM amazed I waited so long to switch! I've had the phone for about 5 hours now and I love it. At first I wasnt sure about not having a hardware keyboard but, now that I've started to train my brain to let auto correct do its thing (as opposed to me fixing every mistake manually, which is what I was doing at first) I've gotten much faster and more comfortable with using the keyboard. I did give swype a try but found that it wasnt really my thing. I do like the concept though.

One thing so far that I've noticed and I dont like is the way Facebook works. It seems that I have to have a separate widget just to post my status updates. It's strange to me that you can't use all of FBs functions from one widget/app.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well hopefully no later then Sunday, I can be another BB User switching over the Android but with the Captivate. Is it hard to bring over the BB contact list?

Cheers,
Charlie

GlitchZero

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Just download GoogleSync on your BB, sync up your contacts / calendar / whatever else you want, and then it'll auto-sync to your Captivate when you get it.

dmnall

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Just download GoogleSync on your BB, sync up your contacts / calendar / whatever else you want, and then it'll auto-sync to your Captivate when you get it.

Cool Thank you for that, I am currently doing that so when I get the Captivate it will work.

Thank you again,
Charlie

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans