Android Q Beta 4 Now Available for Pixel 3a and 3a XL

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you plan on using a launcher like Nova? On the last beta the launchers didn't work right. If you do let us know if it works. Thanks

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the beta but, sorry, I'm just using the Pixel launcher. From a bit of playing around I haven't had any issues -- and the apps I've tried out all appear to work normally, including my bank app. I really like the gestures in Android Q, they are much improved.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Installed the beta 4 few days back when it was available. Suddenly the battery is completely drained overnight, yesterday before going to bed it almost had full battery but morning it was dead. Got to check what's caused it, didn't have issues on Pie. Anyway not using this as my main device so it's ok it behaves crazy like this on beta software. Will check to see if it happens again, I might reset next time.

Scienceguy Labs

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Installed the beta 4 few days back when it was available. Suddenly the battery is completely drained overnight, yesterday before going to bed it almost had full battery but morning it was dead. Got to check what's caused it, didn't have issues on Pie. Anyway not using this as my main device so it's ok it behaves crazy like this on beta software. Will check to see if it happens again, I might reset next time.
Beta 3 killed my battery overnight. Even if the phone was powered down, the battery would completely drain. Reverted back to the latest 9 release and all is good.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
So far (knock on wood) I've had no issues with my battery; either with my Pixel 3a XL on Beta 4, or with my Essential since the beta became available for that phone. Battery on Beta 4 with my Pixel has been outstanding, typically getting me through 2 days of light to moderate use.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok. Just got myself about 3a and was wondering why after opting in I didn't get an update. I guess I could sideload but I want to get future OTAs so...

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
What’s odd is that when my 3a XL came in on Tuesday I sideloaded the OTA before even fully setting it up. Last night while messing around, I went into the software update area and it showed beta 4 available to pull down. Weird. It’s optimizing my apps now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86