Android vs Windows

May 12, 2023
Visit site
How do the availability and diversity of applications differ between Android and Windows?
Which platform offers a broader range of apps, and which caters better to specific industries or niche markets?

Please answer.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Quite literally an apples and oranges kind of thing here.

Sure, there is some overlap. Mostly as the big social apps made for Android are also available on Windows through a browser.

But I can't work on my BIM projects in Revit and AutoCAD on my phone running Android, and I'm not going to find a few thousand malware infected flashlight/torch apps for my Windows PC.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure you've already picked up on it from the tone of the replies, but that's like asking if a scooter is better than a mini van for transporting a family of 4.5 and can tow a boulder. Different markets, different capabilities.

Android is a mobile OS and while processors for mobile devices have come a long way, so have PC ones, so the capabilities of a computer OS like Windows, leverages this and has way more flexibility when it comes to software. Most mobile apps are stripped-down versions of popular programs, and heavy-processing tools like 3D rendering, complex computation, etc. will be relegated to a capable PC OS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred