Annoyed with the name of this device

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just received my HTC One, had to go get it myself because UPS couldn't deliver it to my house. Anyway, the phone is having an issue with wifi. It connects fine, but trying to use any data results in intermittent "No Data Connection" errors. Everything else in the house is on the network.
The kicker is, trying to search for the problem to find someone's solution returns all the results from the HTC One X, HTC One V, etc. Holy moses! They should have thought this through better.:mad:

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I just received my HTC One, had to go get it myself because UPS couldn't deliver it to my house. Anyway, the phone is having an issue with wifi. It connects fine, but trying to use any data results in intermittent "No Data Connection" errors. Everything else in the house is on the network.
The kicker is, trying to search for the problem to find someone's solution returns all the results from the HTC One X, HTC One V, etc. Holy moses! They should have thought this through better.:mad:

(1) Stop having problems. ;)

(2) When I needed help, similar to what you needed, I typed "-v", "-vx", etc. That removed most of those unwanted results.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You're actually a bit fortunate. At least Google now recognizes there being an 'HTC One' without the X, X+, V, etc.

It was even more of nightmare 1-2 months ago. Almost impossible to filter results.

mcpricex

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
You're actually a bit fortunate. At least Google now recognizes there being an 'HTC One' without the X, X+, V, etc.

It was even more of nightmare 1-2 months ago. Almost impossible to filter results.

Ahh, I remember those long and frustrating searches!

I agree there is much oneness in the world lately and although I think HTC could have been a little more creative when they were naming their new flagship (especially after already going through most of the alphabet with previous One variants!), it does make a refreshing change from Galaxy this and ithat all the itime. The new xbox is just taking the p!##.

What worries me is that sooner or later HTC are going to replace the One with a new top end phone, so will that be the HTC Number Two!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
They should have gone with the HTC Sixty Four and a Half. Perfect results every time.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
After searching 20 pages of google, searching here, and searching xda, I will make a thread to discuss the actual wifi issue. It's connected, staying connected, however it will tell me I have no data connection more often than it'll give me data. I've checked the router settings, restarted the router, restarted the phone, disabled ATT Smart Wifi, re-enabled Smart Wifi and let it manage my wireless connections, and all of this hasn't changed the result. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
They should have gone with the HTC Sixty Four and a Half. Perfect results every time.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Or how about the HTC 42 or maybe HTC PI :)

Now that Xbox is using this name too, I REALLY am not a fan. But HTC has more right to it then Xbox does considering they've been using a variant of that name for awhile now MS has not. No doubt HTC is highly annoyed by MIcrosoft's move. I know I sure am.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Try "forget". Tap on it in wifi settings to bring it up and disconnect from router. Then tap on it and press "forget" it. Do this with ALL wifi connections. Let your phone bring them all back up and select the one you want to use.

Otherwise, what it sounds like is interference. Try using a different channel on your router (this will bork your other connections and you'll have to fix them). You might have to keep trying till you get a channel with less interference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87