Annoying thing about the phone app

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't pick up most phonecalls. However, when the phone is ringing and someone is calling, you aren't allowed to exit the screen and you have to answer or decline the call. I just want to ignore it and go back to what I was doing on the phone but I have to wait. So why not decline the call? Then the person will know I declined it because it goes to voicemail faster. Do any of you experience this on your V20? Any workaround? The only time it DOESN'T do that is when you're already in an app and instead a window pops up or shows on the 2nd screen.. why can't it just be like that by default? When you're on the home screen, it won't do that.

ALSO there is no option to turn off the proximity sensor when you are on a call, it gets annoying because the screen turns on and off... On Samsung, you have the option to completely disable it...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't help you with the getting to an app when the phone is ringing, but as far as the proximity detector, if there's no option in the V20 to disable the proximity detector (although I'd think you'd want it enabled, so you don't do cheek presses), any app that can control the phone, like Tasker, can control the proximity detector. (I have mine set to switch to speakerphone with no proximity, or to the earphone if my ear is near it - hands free.)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't pick up most phonecalls. However, when the phone is ringing and someone is calling, you aren't allowed to exit the screen and you have to answer or decline the call. I just want to ignore it and go back to what I was doing on the phone but I have to wait. So why not decline the call? Then the person will know I declined it because it goes to voicemail faster. Do any of you experience this on your V20? Any workaround? The only time it DOESN'T do that is when you're already in an app and instead a window pops up or shows on the 2nd screen.. why can't it just be like that by default? When you're on the home screen, it won't do that.

ALSO there is no option to turn off the proximity sensor when you are on a call, it gets annoying because the screen turns on and off... On Samsung, you have the option to completely disable it...

Why not just hit the power button and ignore it? It will go to vm but stop ringing. Also, as to the screen timing out, perhaps I am a little dense and I don't know what the issue is, is there a reason you need to have it on to talk to someone?

You can also set up priorities in your call settings to do not disturb for some as well so those calls will go to vm.

Mac

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't help you with the getting to an app when the phone is ringing, but as far as the proximity detector, if there's no option in the V20 to disable the proximity detector (although I'd think you'd want it enabled, so you don't do cheek presses), any app that can control the phone, like Tasker, can control the proximity detector. (I have mine set to switch to speakerphone with no proximity, or to the earphone if my ear is near it - hands free.)

The proximity sensor on phone calls is annoying.. it also is slow too when it turns off and on.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Why not just hit the power button and ignore it? It will go to vm but stop ringing. Also, as to the screen timing out, perhaps I am a little dense and I don't know what the issue is, is there a reason you need to have it on to talk to someone?

You can also set up priorities in your call settings to do not disturb for some as well so those calls will go to vm.

Mac

Doesn't work. I just like using my voice mail and see who's calling. I guess I can use the phone on airplane mode but then I can't text.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have that option on mine. It's greyed out.

View attachment 290914

What about proximity sensor? Do you have the option to disable?
It may be a carrier specific function to have the home button available.

As for the proximity sensor, I've never owned a phone that can turn it off. Until now, I didn't even know that was possible on Samsung (I've not owned one of them, nor would I want it deactivated anyway).

tickerguy

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Deactivating the prox sensor is a VERY bad idea, even if you can. The reason is that if you're talking with the phone to your ear and the prox sensor is disabled then whatever your skin touches will be selected, which can lead to all sorts of odd results, none of which you're likely to appreciate.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74