Annoying (though trivial) widget display issue

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 7 about six weeks. Early on I started using the Animated Analog Clock from DNS Project because it's 2x2 and I liked the look.

At some point in the last week the display has changed. There's now a sort of white-ish circular area covering some of the top, sort of like the intersection in a Venn diagram. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it comes back. I've also moved it around just to prove there's no interaction with the wallpaper.

Clock.png

I rooted the 7 last weekend but nothing else seems to be acting oddly.

Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited:

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps it's just coincidence, but the fact that the widget issue and rooting the N7 occurred at about the same time might lead you down a certain investigative path. Try unrooting your N7 and see what happens.

HerrDeacon

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't have that widget, but it looks normal to me. Its just an effect to make it look like its glass and has a reflection. It may have been introduced in an widget update or something if you have it set to update automatically.

dave1nyc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the reflection thing seems appropriate, but it wasn't there the first several weeks.

And perhaps something happened as a function of rooting, but it sure seems unlikely. And if that's the case, I'll just live with it or get another clock.

I can't imagine unrooting to fix this. Perhaps I overstated just how annoying it was!

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems pretty clear the reflection is by design. If it was not originally there, I can only think of two explanations:

1. There is a setting in the app that got switched.

2. The app auto-updated.

I think #2 is more likely and if that's the case, the only way to resolve would be to track down an earlier apk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796