Answering your LG G5 - Problems with swiping when answering

LGG5-YYZ

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Hello all -

There are many posts online with users reporting problems with answering their LG phones, including the G5. (I know this because I was one of those people.)

The phone is set up so that it has to be answered by swiping across a circle. Sounds simple enough, but many of us seem to have issues with the phone responding to the swipe, which results in the calls going unanswered even after several attempts.

I didn't find a definitive answer online or in the manual. However, I (finally) did figure it out, so here are the results.

(The following is for an AT&T version of the phone. Your menu may differ, but hopefully it is close enough.)

Step 1:
Settings > General > Accessibility > Motor & cognition > Touch and hold for calls

-Turn this feature "on."

That might be enough. But if that doesn't quite work for you as you would like, then this optional second step may help.

Step 2:
Settings > General > Accessibility > Motor & cognition > Touch input > Ignore repeated taps

This will lead to a screen that offers the options of "Reset" or "Adjust" -- choose "Adjust".

After that, a series of circles will appear. Tap each of the circles a few times each. The idea here is to program the handset's sensitivity so that you can tap something a few times and have it interpreted as a single tap.

You may need to use trial and error to adjust this in a way that suits you.

I hope that this helps. Good luck.