Any confirmed nexus 5 OTA drops for lollipop?

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It's not based on location. A forum user who lives in CA got it several hours ago while I have yet to receive it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
UK, unlocked. I am not going to check in System Updates any more...it started to feel OCD days ago.

(Edit 5 min later.) Blast! I just had to check one more time...nothing yet.

Posted via Android Central App

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried that but if I'm stock I need a recovery don't I? I couldn't flash the update.zip file.

Nexus

This is the ONLY thing I miss about my S3. In the phone's stock recovery there was the ability to download with the link and apply the update directly from the phone. I realize connecting to a computer and doing all that isn't terribly difficult, but then I need other software and that's a lot harder to do at work. I'll just have to wait until the update pushes itself to me.

Conversely, this is another instance when I wish backing up and restoring an Android was as easy as iOS.

Oh well, hopefully soon

shahid99

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Fremont , California still waiting

I don't think its gonna come until another few days

Posted via the Android Central App

zedz

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
It'll come, don't worry. Mine came yesterday (in the UK).

Is there a thread for problems with 5.0? I can't find one…

Haha, better off without Lollipop until the developers get their apps sorted.

I've been eager to see how Lollipop performs on my N5 but after my experience with my N9, I've learned that it's better to be patient and just wait for the OTA release, after previously considering loading the factory image myself.

BTW, I'm also in the UK and bought my N5 on launch day...who knows what order that they're being updated.

Posted via the Android Central App with Nexus 5 or 9.

andyhurley

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sideload. It's the same as getting the OTA, it's just that you push it manually. AC put an article on how to do it yesterday if you don't want to wait.

Update your Nexus to Lollipop using OTA packages | Android Central

You don't have to be rooted or unlocked to do it.

Yeah, but to do that you a) need a PC running Windoze, b) need to install the SDK and c) need to care enough to be willing to learn the SDK. Personally whilst I am 100% confident I could borrow a Windows PC and learn about the SDK (having done the same in WebOS for years) it's been my pleasure not to do any of these things since switching to Android and I wish to remain an average Joe user so that I can give suitable advice to others. Average Joe's do not go around sideloading anything. Besides, I can wait...

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but to do that you a) need a PC running Windoze, b) need to install the SDK and c) need to care enough to be willing to learn the SDK. Personally whilst I am 100% confident I could borrow a Windows PC and learn about the SDK (having done the same in WebOS for years) it's been my pleasure not to do any of these things since switching to Android and I wish to remain an average Joe user so that I can give suitable advice to others. Average Joe's do not go around sideloading anything. Besides, I can wait...

You don't need windows (I don't use windows OS in my house at all and I sideload). Can be done on windows, Mac, or linux. You also don't have to learn anything about the SDK other than a couple commands. But yeah I can understand those that want to wait. Just pointing out to those that are impatiently waiting that you don't have to if you don't want to that it's not a hard process.

BMukherjee91

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Gabbott - newbie here, will try to sideload myself. When you say <zip file>, do you mean the file with '.tgz' extension, which is a WinRAR file? Thanks.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treoluv