Any news/rumors regarding new N10?

JR A

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It's one of those, should I buy now, or should I wait just a little bit longer kinda things.

My LG G Pro at 5.5" pretty much handles every mobile need I have. A tablet though, with a larger display, fills the "I still need to be mobile with the minimal amount/weight of stuff to take with me, but I will have a few moments I can sit down in a chair or at a table/desk and consume media" category for me. I was considering the new N7, but for an extra 1.5" of display space (or less if you take into consideration the amount of space on-screen buttons use) the cost doesn't justify the N7 for me...

I saw a couple tech sites that the new N10 is just a month away...

LG behind new Google Nexus 10, says leak | Mobile - CNET News
Google Nexus 10 update could be here in a month according to new leak - Mirror Online

But no specs were spoken of.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow some credible sources for once. Could be the nexus 8 though. Either way very poor marketing from Google. Why release something just after Christmas? I honestly don't think it'll be a nexus 10 for another 6 months. Apple own the 10 inch tab market and Google can't compete. However Google has gained a lot of ground with its nexus 7

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It's one of those, should I buy now, or should I wait just a little bit longer kinda things.

My LG G Pro at 5.5" pretty much handles every mobile need I have. A tablet though, with a larger display, fills the "I still need to be mobile with the minimal amount/weight of stuff to take with me, but I will have a few moments I can sit down in a chair or at a table/desk and consume media" category for me. I was considering the new N7, but for an extra 1.5" of display space (or less if you take into consideration the amount of space on-screen buttons use) the cost doesn't justify the N7 for me...

I saw a couple tech sites that the new N10 is just a month away...

LG behind new Google Nexus 10, says leak | Mobile - CNET News
Google Nexus 10 update could be here in a month according to new leak - Mirror Online

But no specs were spoken of.

At this point, there is NOTHING but rumor. Many thought a new N10 would be released for the Christmas shopping season, but obviously that didn't happen. Some have said that there was a production issue that prevented this, others have speculated that Google never intended to release a 10" Nexus tablet in 2013. Some estimate that there will be one this spring, some say it will be later to coincide with the next N7 release...some say there will be no new 10" nexus and that Google is instead making an 8" tablet to take it's place, while others have said that it will be an 11" tablet.

Fact is that no one really seems to know. Personally, I am hoping that Google sticks with the 10" Nexus line, as I really love my current N10, but since I'm not even looking to replace mine just yet, I'm willing to be patient.

Google hasn't released any official information on the product (nor are they obligated to, I suppose), so I pretty much take anything I've heard with a grain of salt.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow some credible sources for once. Could be the nexus 8 though. Either way very poor marketing from Google. Why release something just after Christmas? I honestly don't think it'll be a nexus 10 for another 6 months. Apple own the 10 inch tab market and Google can't compete. However Google has gained a lot of ground with its nexus 7

Posted via Android Central App

Those sources may be credible, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still reporting rumor (they don't refute this either).

Some random additional points/opinions of mine:
  • Assuming this is true, this is a 10" tablet, so no, it's not a "Nexus 8"
  • The release date of said tablet is still nothing more than speculation...it could be out next month, it could be 3 more months...or 6 for that matter
  • Why not release something just after Christmas? Sure, they've missed the prime retail season, but a lot of folks are going to have gift cards to spend.
  • I'm not sure Google is trying to compete with the 10" iPad...or at least not to de-throne it. That still doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of folks like myself loyal to the Android line who want a larger tablet...and I believe the market, while not nearly as large as Apple's in this product line, is there.
  • Yeah, the bottom line is the Nexus 7 will continue to be Google's poster boy when it comes to their Nexus line, but I do hope they continue with the 10" as well

If anyone wants my guess as to when this puppy will be released (and I have absolutely ZERO insider info)... I'm thinking St. Patrick's day...

JR A

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind an 11" tablet, any more screen real estate is welcome by me. As long as it's less bulky than a ThinkPad laptop.

I hope they keep/increase resolution, if in fact Google does make a new Nexus 10.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
You guys realize the LG V510 is simply the Google Play edition of the LG G Pad 8.3, right? It's not a Nexus.

Did not realize that (didn't really care enough to investigate to be honest), and also didn't notice that the c-net article was a week old either.

Kinda just drives my point home, however, that at this point we still have nothing but rumors and speculation...and until we have reliable info from Google, it's gonna stay that way.

I wouldn't mind an 11" tablet, any more screen real estate is welcome by me. As long as it's less bulky than a ThinkPad laptop.

I hope they keep/increase resolution, if in fact Google does make a new Nexus 10.

I'd take an 11" over an 8.x", but to be honest, I'm quite happy with the form factor of the N10 as it currently is.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I would SOOOOOO wait the new one will probably have an even more awesome screen and a lot more power

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74