Any Nexus 5 users running on Android 5 without bugs and glitches?

Yazan Abdullah

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
any nexus 5 users running on android 5 without bugs and glitches?

so has anyone experienced the following issues after updating their nexus 5 to android 5?

1-wifi connectivity.
2-lag
3-battery drain

Podolsky

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: any nexus 5 users running on android 5 without bugs and glitches?

All of them, plus games crash, and camera app

Posted from my new Nexus 5

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm doing fine. I don't play games (other than Mobility Solitaire) but everything else is working crash-free and not noticing any significant difference in battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I will add that I have no Wi-Fi problems at all. None at home, and none at work where I connect to four different routers depending on my location in the building.

Cell signal seems to be a bit stronger in my home where I was rarely over two bars before.

And, no, I am not noticing any lag.

As with 4.4.4, if I had to guess, I suspect that you guys may have apps installed which are not yet 5.0 compliant.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
No issues here. WiFi is fine and both it and the cell radio seem to be stronger. No lag, and my battery life seems somewhat better.

Posted via my Nexus 5 via the Android Central App

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

No Wi-Fi or lag issues here, either. I may have a battery drain issue, but it's hard to tell at this point.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
No WiFi issues here; it has been rock solid.

I've had the occasional app crash, but nothing to get upset about.

Generally, 5.0 has been very smooth, although now and again it does seem to hit a road bump. Not surprised though as there are so many changes that anyone expecting a completely bug free experience at this point were probably expecting a little too much.

I expect major bugs to be squashed over the course of the year with spit and polish being applied to 5.1 (as well as some tasty new features). Speaking of which, has 5.0 been out long enough to start speculating for 5.1? 😝

Shargeel Kiani

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
No wifi lag or any sort of issue. Though android 5 is a lot smoother and my battery life has increased to a noticeable extent :) Thumbs up for google's project volta.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Try silent mode and auto brightness...

*My Sexy Note 4*

Why?

Both of these functions work exactly as intended. They may not work as you would like them to, but they do work as designed, hence they are not bugs.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Why?

Both of these functions work exactly as intended. They may not work as you would like them to, but they do work as designed, hence they are not bugs.

Not me I have not updated any of my devices... But other AC members have and those r two features they are complaining about plus Wi-Fi connectivity.... Doubt they r lying... Lucky u have no issues.. Both Samsung and google have spoken about a few bugs and a work around!!

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobi...-problems-issues-and-regression-in-android-50

*My Sexy Note 4*

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
But as I said, Silent Mode and Auto Brightness may not work the way you (or others) would like them to, but they are working exactly as designed. They are not bugs, but the result of new design decisions made by the Android development team.

As to Wi-Fi, apparently some people are having difficulties, but many more (or even most) are not. New operating system releases always come with their fair share of no-longer-compatible apps which can wreak all sorts of havoc, I strongly suspect that the folks who are having Wi-Fi issues will eventually track them to something else they have installed and not the OS itself.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
But as I said, Silent Mode and Auto Brightness may not work the way you (or others) would like them to, but they are working exactly as designed. They are not bugs, but the result of new design decisions made by the Android development team.

As to Wi-Fi, apparently some people are having difficulties, but many more (or even most) are not. New operating system releases always come with their fair share of no-longer-compatible apps which can wreak all sorts of havoc, I strongly suspect that the folks who are having Wi-Fi issues will eventually track them to something else they have installed and not the OS itself.

Well either way... I m glad it's not available for note 4 as yet.... When it is hopefully all the major kinks will be ironed out!!!

*My Sexy Note 4*

thekid17

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I can't sign-in to network. I get a blank white screen. Any one have this and do you have a fix?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I can't sign-in to network. I get a blank white screen. Any one have this and do you have a fix?

What network? Can you be more specific?

thekid17

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

My work network needs a password put in. You get that WiFi symbol up in the left corner with the question mark. I click on it and get a blank white screen instead of a place to put the network name and pass code.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I will beg the differ about silent mode. That is clearly a bug. The tablet has a typical "silent" mode. It was an oversight/bug and will be fixed in 5.0.1. The Do Not Disturb features are definitely not intended to replace silent.

I have had zero issues though. No app crashes, no slow down, no wifi/bluetooth issues. Absolutely running just fine. I did set the device up as new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419