Any way to "lock down" settings?

hrsetrdr

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5x, and am generally happy with it. However, various settings end up getting changed accidentally, presumably by an unintended "swipe" of a [clumsy] finger.
I like the Android platform in general, but sometimes the touch technology gets annoying, and I long for just a button or some way to put a "check" on settings changes. Some time ago I solved my "butt dial" problem by installing an app that pops up a confirmation dialogue...great solution . My wife also has a N5X, she apparently got her WIFI turned off by mistake, didn't know about it until our provider cut off our service, because she run up $300+ over the max for our data plan. :-\

Back to my N5X: sometimes a phone voice call just fails, one party or other can't hear, of course checked volume(OK)...??? I am aware of the BT issue with the N5X interfering with the GSM network interface, so I keep bluetooth off except when using headphones at the gym. This is a shortcoming of the phone itself,

but I am interested in perhaps an app that prevents changing functional settings, requiring confirmation from the user.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Proximity Service will allow you to put the phone against anything (a pouch case, the table [face down], a belt holster [facing the holster], your pocket) and turn the screen off, so no accidental "touches". If you want to go whole hog and install Magisk root, you can install Quick Reboot Pro (it's free), and you can lock the screen with the touch of an icon. (It also saves battery, because you can quickly turn the screen off between uses.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174