Anybody else get a refurb Verizon Xoom from Daily Steals?

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just received my refurb Xoom with Verizon data yesterday and am really loving it so far!

What is the easiest/best way to find out if mine as been upgraded to LTE? It didn't come with a SIM card in it and has the little clear plastic filler in its place.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You already answered your question. Since it does not have a SIM card, it was not upgraded.

I think I remember reading that ad, and it stated that it was only 3G and was no longer eligible to be sent in to Moto for upgrade to 4G (not that you can not call Moto and try - you may just have to pay for it)

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I figured since the description stated 3G with no mention of LTE that might be the case. I only barely need data while on the go so 3G should be fine for what I need. Verizon has excellent 3G in my area, especially since they lit up LTE here and the power users on on that now ;)

sandeepiitm

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I too got it but looks like we cant upgrade to 4g LTE now.. The offer is expired.
Now i am waiting for JB at least... so far 199$ is the best deal..
Love my xoom..

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I spent an hour at the Verizon store just now trying to get mine activated and gave up. When they called in to Verizon corporate they told him it should be upgraded to LTE since it is a refurb. I will call Verizon again tonight when I have more time. I don't really care if I have LTE I just want cellular data on it and so far they can't even do that.

I am having Deja Vu, had very similar issues with a refurb 7.7 Tab. Never did get it working and ended up sending it back :(

tb801

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I got one and was kind of disappointed in the way it looks. It came with a nice 4" scratch on the side of the screen, 2" scuff along the bottom edge where all the color has been rubbed off, and a nick on the bottom that is completely silver. Never gotten something that was a refurb that looked so bad.
Is that normal when you get refurb stuff from slickdeals?

mrpitco

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I got 1 from Daily Steals and it was an absolutely perfect condition. if I were you, I would send it back to Daily Steals and ask for another.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

mrpitco

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon corporate told me that I should also be able to upgrade mine, but I haven't tried to do it yet. please let me know if you find out that they can be upgraded to LTE. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I bought my dad a refurb wifi xoom (from either europe middle east or africa) but it came in perfect condition.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would contact Motorola about getting the upgrade to LTE. You will need to send it in to them, which usually takes less than 1 week including shipping.

They were offering the upgrade for free, but that offer has passed. However, with that being said, it does not mean they will not step up and still do it for free because they are happy you bought a moto product.

With all of that being said, it should still work on 3G with Verizon. There is absolutely nothing different than this. Has Verizon given you a SIM card to install? You do not need a sim card for 3G, but you do for 4G, so maybe it was upgraded, and it just needs a SIM card.

who knows. good luck

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I got mine from Daily Steals via eBay. The price is up a bit at $229, but 'LTE' is plastered all over the page. I'll be pissed if the LTE radio is missing.

CLICK

envelope347

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the Xoom MZ602 from DailySteals last month and got it about 1 week ago. It came in a brown box, not the white box that was described and there was no LTE card. It was supposed to be a new Xoom. Do you think I got a refurb? The refurb description in the past said it comes in a brown box. Thx!

Last edited:

raymac1215

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I purchased 2 Xoom's from dailysteals via ebay for $229.00 each with a docking station. The Xoom was a refurb and came in a brown box with a OEM charger and a OEM USB cable. The docking station was opened in the OEM box with the charger missing. I have not opened it up to see if the radio is installed. I did receive an error message on the boot that said the sim card is missing,which I would assume this means it is 4g LTE as advertised because
3g does not require a sim card. I did purchase them as gifts and they were both identical in packaging and contents. No plastic protector on screen,just bubble wrap. Hope this helps answer your question on how a refurb is packaged.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90