Anyone broke theirs yet?

bill1171

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Have you dropped your Pixel yet?

I'm sorry to hear that. How did you break it? Assuming it was a drop, how far and onto what?

Slipped out of my hand lifting it out of t shirt pocket... Directly on pavement it had no chance..I ordered case Monday morning.

oldtimefighter

May 3, 2016
Visit site

Yes, metal phones are slippery. I would never think about leaving my place without a case on my phone. Common sense...sigh.

The dilemma of the century: showing off a new phone in all its naked sexiness vs giving it more protection with a case...

I hate to break it to you but all phones mostly look the same and no one cares about your phone (just theirs).

Slipped out of my hand lifting it out of t shirt pocket... Directly on pavement it had no chance..I ordered case Monday morning.

A little late to be ordering that case isn't it?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Ouch! I don't like using bulky cases, but if I am out of the house or office I throw my phones in a case. I have been fortunate to never drop a phone without a case, but sooner or later my luck will run out. What case did you get? If you mentioned that already I apologize.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site

Not yet!

Torn between cases as always. I used a Spigen Thin Fit case on my 5X for a year, as I like minimalist cases, but they're not out yet for the Pixel. I'm currently cycling between the official silicone/microfibre Google case and the Spigen Rugged Armour. Both good cases in their own ways.

I'm worried about grit getting between the phone and the Spigen case. Having a plastic 5X before this it was never really a concern.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
My 3 year old tossed mine down our wood stairs. The cheap clear tpu case kept it safe though (whew). Anyone else close calls or broken glass?

Mine just has a Nick in the metal frame and shows the silver underneath . It's very small but now that I know it's there...

ainfinity

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Had a case ordered with the phone, did not see it was a bedazzler type, ordered a Spigen slim armor, seems to cover well so far, will see if it works out, also have a tempered glass screen protector on the way.

Hemdroids

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Definitely need a case for the slick back on this phone. I just grabbed the clear tech21 case they had at Verizon when I picked mine up. Feels great in the hand, and lets you see the phone for those of you who want to show it off. Not sure about its durability, haven't had any drops yet.

city50

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Anyone know if back glass is different material than front glass? I haven't gotten a case yet (should arrive today!) and have been ok so far except for the back glass. There are a few dozen or so tiny scratches in the back glass but nothing else on the front or elsewhere.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if back glass is different material than front glass? I haven't gotten a case yet (should arrive today!) and have been ok so far except for the back glass. There are a few dozen or so tiny scratches in the back glass but nothing else on the front or elsewhere.
Reading around the various pixel forums it seems like more cracks and breaks involve the rear glass than the front.

bill1171

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

Ouch! I don't like using bulky cases, but if I am out of the house or office I throw my phones in a case. I have been fortunate to never drop a phone without a case, but sooner or later my luck will run out. What case did you get? If you mentioned that already I apologize.

The generic silicone case from Verizon

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site

Just put a case on it, that's why they make them. You can always take the case off when your home too. So whats the big deal about buying a case.

What's the big deal about buying a case? You "case advocates" crack me up. You drool over leaks, pre-order, wait in line, then finally unbox the sleekest, nicest and newest phones. Then you immediately slap it in a cheap *** rubbermaid case so that the entire industrial design, texture, feel of the device as intended by manufacturer is lost. All you feel is the rubbermaid. I didn't pay all this money for the rubbermaid, and I am OK taking the chances with accidental damage. That's what insurance is for.

Want some analogies? That's like waiting in line then buying a Ferrari and putting on an ugly *** bra on the front bumper and bumper bully on the back. aka ruining it.

Or buying a gorgeous house and having the entire exterior covered with a cheap plastic tarp to keep the exterior paint in good condition. I don't care what anyone sees, I just want the walls to be in great condition!

Tacky, cheap and ugly. That's the big deal about buying a case. Not to mention how thick, heavy and bulky some of them make the phones.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm literally babying this thing until my case arrives on Tuesday lol!! I usually let my 2 year old watch youtuve for kids on my nexus 6p, but he ain't touching this one anytime soon at least not until I have a case. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234