Anyone else still waiting for the upgrade?

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I was not even aware of one until i read this post. Then I read another post that had the upgrade file so I did it manually. No waiting for me, thanks guys

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
There are several posts describing how to manually get the L8>L13 update. So, if you're tired of waiting (it is being pushed out now), check out the posts and follow the download instructions. It's worth the effort.

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Waiting here. I must be at the end of the list because I'm always the last to get upgraded. I usually update manually but haven't gotten around to it this week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
There's an upgrade? Hmmm didn't know that till I read it here. Cool..
How long its been out?

Sent from my Amaze-balls Samsung Galaxy S3 :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

NewYorkChic

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Me too I. Always feel that way also.. Lol
Waiting here. I must be at the end of the list because I'm always the last to get upgraded. I usually update manually but haven't gotten around to it this week.

Sent From My Galaxy Slll

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Northern California and still waiting. But I don't mind waiting. Still waiting to see what people think of the update.

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I got it a few days ago horrible mistake. My WiFi turns on by itself, swype goes crazy, every now and then my phone decides it wants touch sounds back so i have to go back in all the time and take it off.

mrfoo84

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey I am sure this is a stupid question but I just switched to this phone from my Palm Pre (RIP) but I am not sure how to even find out what upgrade this is or which one I have...can someone point me in the right direction? I have done the software update checks on my phone but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey I am sure this is a stupid question but I just switched to this phone from my Palm Pre (RIP) but I am not sure how to even find out what upgrade this is or which one I have...can someone point me in the right direction? I have done the software update checks on my phone but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Settings>About device> look at Android version. If you have 4.0.4 then you have the update.

mrsimps

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Settings>About device> look at Android version. If you have 4.0.4 then you have the update.

It's actually settings, about device, then look at the Baseband version...If it reads "L710VPLI3, then you have the update. If you don't have it, you can make your phone search for it by going to "settings," tapping "application manager," select the "all" tab and scroll to and tap "Google Services Framework." Then clear the data and the cache. Restart the phone. Then go back into settings, scroll to "system update," and tap "update Samsung software."

Just a note, the person that originally provided these instructions said that you may have to repeat those steps up to three times to get the update to show. It wasn't until my 5th try that the update appeared.

makris0000

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It's actually settings, about device, then look at the Baseband version...If it reads "L710VPLI3, then you have the update. If you don't have it, you can make your phone search for it by going to "settings," tapping "application manager," select the "all" tab and scroll to and tap "Google Services Framework." Then clear the data and the cache. Restart the phone. Then go back into settings, scroll to "system update," and tap "update Samsung software."

Just a note, the person that originally provided these instructions said that you may have to repeat those steps up to three times to get the update to show. It wasn't until my 5th try that the update appeared.

When I tried it I did t 6 times then I just downloaded it manually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte