Anyone go from Note 3 to Note 4

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
It depends if the cons to your note 3 were fixed with the note 4 I'd say no if I already had a note 3 for me I wouldn't but it depends on the user

i hate big phones thats why i got a.. (phablet)

Sting32

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Several people on both sides of the fence, I've read a few posts, while looking around in Google+...

I think the 4 was worth it to many, it seems powerful enough. Im newb to the note, but I was gonna buy the 3 about 4 weeks ago, then checked around and knew 4 was around the corner... So, I waited. they were exactly same prices, as in before the note 4 was out, 299. once the Note 4 was here it too was 299 (of course with contract, + activation etc.) I came from a LONG time used S3. To me, it was no brainer all being equal, costs. However, just so you know, I did hope the Note 3 would get cheaper as the 4 came out, but IMHO they haven't dropped the price, and I needed the phone sooner than later. I cannot use the other 3 main carriers where I live, I'm way too out in the boonies...

I do have question posted about other versions (carriers settings) for screen settings (brightness) was am really dissapointed about, wondering if just Verizon, or all the carriers disabled many settings demonstrated, like from the unlocked version...

I have only had my phone 10 days or so, and might even take it back, so bear with me.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I went from a note 3 to a 4. I had an upgrade waiting and the best buy deal paid me $200 for an iPhone 3G I had lying around and I had an old $100 gift card I wasn't using, so I literally paid like nothing to go from a 3 to a 4.

Would I otherwise, I don't know....

I would not sign a two year contract right now for a note 3. I'd get a Note 4 instead, even at the price difference. If you want a note 3, look at swappa and grab one for 300 and wait the year for the note 5. The note 3 could go another year, maybe even two, but the 4 is really an amazing phone. The screen is just incredible.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I went from the note 3 to the 4 and I love it, it seems a lot faster and the screen clarity is great, I have had every note, from the note 1 on AT&T to switching to Verizon with the last 2 phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've gone from Note 1, to Note 2 to Note 3, and now the note 4, thinking of getting the edge for developmental purposes, but other than that, It's a great refresh each time, subtle yet needed improvements...

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I went from 3 to 4. Honestly I don't feel it's as big as going from 2 to 3. Great phone nonetheless. Mainly got it in preparation for the gear VR if it's anything like the rift DK2 when I used it.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I went from the 3 to the 4 and think the upgrades wets worth it to me. I'm a tech junkie tho.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch from the 3 to the 4 and am happy I did. There were issues with my 3 and nearly all of them were fixed. The ones that weren't are very trivial. I am on the Edge plan, and it was time. Love this phone!

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to know if anyone here has done it and if it's worth it.....

Thanks all

IMO, that answer will be highly subjective.. :)

The Note 3 is a hellva smartphone, and IMO, capable of taking on the iphone 6+ and other contenders, and even though a year old, can hold it own, and surpass most of them.

When I went to the Note 4, it was only because the Note 3 was so daggone good, I wanted to see if Samsung could really raise the bar!! IMO, they did. Abotu 9% all around..

My nephew had a Note 2, he didn't go for the Note 3, but went for the Note 4..For some reason, he said the Note 4 wasn't working for him. He returned the Note 4, and got a Note 3, now he is tickled pink..

For me, I am super happy with the Note 4. Did I need to upgrade to the Note 4?Not really, but I WANTED too. :D That was my criteria, what I "wanted" took precedence over everything. Now, that might differ with others.. Was it worth it? To me? YES, YES, and YES.. $803.52 large.. With selling my Note 3 (which I owned, and was like brand new) for $375, that lighten the load a little.. ;)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I went from 3 to 4. Honestly I don't feel it's as big as going from 2 to 3. Great phone nonetheless. Mainly got it in preparation for the gear VR if it's anything like the rift DK2 when I used it.

Not to keep running it, but I think I summed it pretty nicely in a thread a while back. Going from the Super Note 3 to the Note 4, you are going to see some improvement, but they won't be gigantic! IMO, say something like 9%, for the simple reason the Note 3 is still proudly carrying its weight, and taking on new contenders. But, coming from the Note 2, IMO, going to the Note 4, it is a full 35% increase...

BTW, right there with you in waiting for the VR! :D They have turned the old man into a Samsung Fanboy, and I am loving every minute of it too.. :cool:

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
do you think i got a bad phone? should I get another note 4? I really really really want to love this phone and I do lover certain things about it, especially the metal casing.
I don't have issue with slowness on the t-mobile variant but the Verizon one is a bit. Tried the turbo and went back to the note 4

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jake1230 Jr

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I have and its a good upgrade design and feel is better. Obvious better display and faster.
With that the note 3 is a nice phone and I wouldn't set your self back financially to upgrade.
In the end yes I recommend it its a nice phone

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I will save money for now, I paid 800 for my note 3 more than a year ago, won't make another big purchase for now.

@T-Mobile GN3

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Well...this 4 is not without some lag. But to me, is generally not a problem and no worse than my N3 was. It's in fact, not nearly as bad as my N3 was. I find that when the lag gets bad enough to get on my nerves, I reboot the phone and everything is hunkey dorey again. But IMO, if that's the worst thing I have to deal with to get the rest of this AWESOME phone, then I'll happily deal with it. It's worth it. I saw threads here where people talk about turning off animations and disabling other stuff. I don't want to do that because that's part of the personality of the phone...IMO.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I was going to go from a Note 3 to a Note 4 but I struggled with the decision because I felt that the upgrade was not that big of a deal. I have my Note 3 off contract and had problems justifying a new contract with the Note 4. I decided that I will probably go with the Note Edge instead. Its enough of a difference to edge me to upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord