Anyone having problems with the Always on Display and Night Clock on the S7 Edge ?

allygash

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
I spent along time to speaking to a number of what I can only describe as idiots, i even offered to show them a video of the problem... "oh sorry cant do that sir.". I went to a samsung official service centre first to show them 'live' the problem, they said yep screen needs replacing. Problem is the service centre has a lead time of 4-6 weeks for a new replacement screen. So they suggested send direct to Samsung..... problem is you cant speak to the engineers to tell them the specific issue. The customer disservice and tech nosupport people take copious notes on the problems but fail it appears to communicate it to the out sourced engineers in Norwich. I'll just keep sending it back by courier at their expense until they actually acknowledge the issue. If anyone gets theirs back successfully repaired please let me know so we can refer to it when talking to the 'wall' that is Samsung UK.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
My AOD is perfectly black other than the clock and I have not noticed any battery issues while using it. It's obviously an isolated issue. I assume everyone is running the latest version.

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
My AOD is perfectly black other than the clock and I have not noticed any battery issues while using it. It's obviously an isolated issue. I assume everyone is running the latest version.

It's a hardware issue not a software issue, the software version of the phone or the AOD app has no effect on the problem. It's good that you don't have the issue, that being the case this thread is not relevant to you.

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I spent along time to speaking to a number of what I can only describe as idiots, i even offered to show them a video of the problem... "oh sorry cant do that sir.". I went to a samsung official service centre first to show them 'live' the problem, they said yep screen needs replacing. Problem is the service centre has a lead time of 4-6 weeks for a new replacement screen. So they suggested send direct to Samsung..... problem is you cant speak to the engineers to tell them the specific issue. The customer disservice and tech nosupport people take copious notes on the problems but fail it appears to communicate it to the out sourced engineers in Norwich. I'll just keep sending it back by courier at their expense until they actually acknowledge the issue. If anyone gets theirs back successfully repaired please let me know so we can refer to it when talking to the 'wall' that is Samsung UK.

This is exactly the scenario I was worried about. I originally was told to visit a service centre so I did on Saturday and found it to be a waste of time. I went to the one in Bradford and the guy was rude and dismissive. He wouldn't even put my phone under the desk to see the issue in action. He told me I could leave it but due to part shortages it would be away at least 28 days. Had a rant at Samsung on twitter and they arranged the courier for Monday. I really do hope an engineer with half a brain looks at the info I included with the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45