Anyone on Verizon still holding out for Droid Mini?

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you guys remember the leaked image of the new lineup that had 4 phones, the left one was claimed to be the droid mini and still hasn't been announced. It seems the rest were the G, play, and style, from left to right. Knowing this and looking at this sizes again, it seems as if the droid mini is in the realm of 5.2 inches, which is how big I was hoping the style would have been. Is anyone else planning on holding out for this device later in the year? My only fear is castrated specs and a bloated experience that won't be present in the style.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not, but I know that I've heard a lot of people say they are hoping for a smaller device. Here's to hoping?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
X Play becomes a DROID?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
For God's sake, yes. Hopefully the new droid phones don't continue with the stupid capacitive, not-on-screen buttons like they have in the past though...

A friend of mine gave me an S6 Edge for a groomsman gift last week and I'm not sure I can get over the size. I came from a 2013 Moto X and a HTC Rezound before that, both of which were the same physical size. Now this S6 is huge to me, not to mention an ergonomic nightmare compared to Motos. I'd probably consider a Droid phone again, but it'd have to be quite a bit smaller than the phones Moto just released.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya man. I have the OG X as well and I agree that every flagship out now is bordering comically large. The funny thing is that the s6 edge is the smallest of the lot! I've come to accept that I am not going to get another phone as compact as my X, so I'm willing to try a 5-5.2 inch device. That leaves the gs6 and I don't like my friend's at all. Lags like crazy and battery life is atrocious. Here's to hoping the droid delivers!

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
For God's sake, yes. Hopefully the new droid phones don't continue with the stupid capacitive, not-on-screen buttons like they have in the past though...

A friend of mine gave me an S6 Edge for a groomsman gift last week and I'm not sure I can get over the size. I came from a 2013 Moto X and a HTC Rezound before that, both of which were the same physical size. Now this S6 is huge to me, not to mention an ergonomic nightmare compared to Motos. I'd probably consider a Droid phone again, but it'd have to be quite a bit smaller than the phones Moto just released.

I was at Best Buy yesterday, and the S6 was the smallest phone with any specs at all.
I would Love a droid mini if it had an SD slot

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I can see a market for the mini, but i also see why one droid is easier to make. What i hope is they at least keep it in the 5.2 range. I don't wanna see the droid becoming a phablet line. Also, with the new direction motorola is going in, i really dont see them making more than one phone just for verizon.

If you look at the slim droids and the maxx style, i would say the bigger battery sold better, hence just one last year. If they did a mini, it would pretty much be a motox 2013 with droid branding. And while thats not a bad thing, its not a money maker for the company.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene