Anyone putting stock in Dec 15th?

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a Verizon store and the guy said the rumored date is the 19th. He took my email and said he will email me as soon as he get a legit date. Do I believe anything that he said? Ehhhh... I am not holding my breath.

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I had a verizon store call me back and tell me its the 15th. They at first said wednesday but then called me back and confirmed thursday they can sell me a device

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
this reminds me alot of the angry feeling waiting over a month for my incredible to come after i paid for it..

I waited 3 weeks.. got it 10days later shut off wouldn't turn on I had to wait another 3 to get a replacement..

But that's different... they havevn't "announced" it yet. Yes everyone even CS reps know it was suppose to be the 9th. but happens.. There obviously trying to avoid an incredible or Tbolt fiasco again.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
like with the thunderbolt, if they dont announce the release tomorrow before 5pm est its not going to happen Thursday. :crosses fingers:

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
As others have said, I'm starting to feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football... But I can't help wanting to believe each rumored date will finally be the real deal. It's like my heart says "yep, it'll happen" and my head says "yeah, right...and if you believe that...".

Anyway I just returned from my local Verizon corp store and, of course, got the standard line "we have no information on a possible release date". In fact the rep I talked with wouldn't even admit they have the phones in stock even after I told her that her manager just said they did.

Lucy be damned, I went ahead and made a 10:00am appointment for Thursday. Here's hoping I don't end up on my backside wondering why I keep doing this to myself!

LMAO - more like Halloween episode where one of them waits out in the cold for the Great Pumpkin to appear :'(

majorhunadadun

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I just received a call from the Verizon store that I go to all the time and they said it is releasing on Thursday and I can come check it out right now!!

sslacker

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I was at Costco in Fremont, CA on Sunday and the sales girl showed me the demo unit they had (not functional). She said they had been ready for the 12/09 launch but, was delayed do to software glitch.

Not betting on a 12/15 launch but, can always hope.

droidnp

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Called 3 of my closes corporate stores just now and they all said they did not have a date as of 6pm est time of when the phone will be release. I dont think this phone is coming out on Thursday they all did try to sell me a RAZR lol.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Went to my corp Verizon store after work today and they said that unless HQ changes their mind again (very possible as we still have no formal release info), it will be for sale on Thur the 15th. She set me up with a 0900 appointment and even told me I'm eligible for an upgrade. I said that I am not eligible until 08-2012 and she said that as the primary on my family plan, I get an upgrade after only 1 year for a $20 adder to the upgrade price. I told her that I thought that plan went away and she said, "Nope...you're eligible and I'm putting it in the computer right now in case I'm sick Thur morning and someone else takes care of your appointment." Got home, logged into vzw and sure enough, it now says "Eligible for a discount!" That's cool because I was going to pay full price. I was pretty sure they stopped the whole once a year upgrade for primary lines about a year ago.

Reactions: spike4405

trocks797

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Went to my corp Verizon store after work today and they said that unless HQ changes their mind again (very possible as we still have no formal release info), it will be for sale on Thur the 15th. She set me up with a 0900 appointment and even told me I'm eligible for an upgrade. I said that I am not eligible until 08-2012 and she said that as the primary on my family plan, I get an upgrade after only 1 year for a $20 adder to the upgrade price. I told her that I thought that plan went away and she said, "Nope...you're eligible and I'm putting it in the computer right now in case I'm sick Thur morning and someone else takes care of your appointment." Got home, logged into vzw and sure enough, it now says "Eligible for a discount!" That's cool because I was going to pay full price. I was pretty sure they stopped the whole once a year upgrade for primary lines about a year ago.

You can always use it one last time, you just won't get it again.....if that makes sense.

William T Riker

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Take this as you will but I just called my local corporate store and asked if they are expecting to sell on the 15th and all the rep would say is there is no release date by verizon wireless. He said theyve recieved no emails(prob bs) but im hoping something solid is said tomorrow cause im going to look for one the 15th whether it be there or radio shack.

luckymeeh

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The official release date IS this Thursday, December 15th. I got a text from a premium authorized Verizon reseller here in NJ earlier today that said the following:

Good News! The Samsung Nexus has arrived. It will not be available for purchase until Thursday the 15th.

So there you have it, kids. Go tent out at your local VZW store starting tomorrow night. Or, just have one reserved for you like I did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle