anyone replaced their Nexus5 with m8 gpe?

hnguyen

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the n5 and I've been very interested in getting the new HTC one.

I'm curious to know if others made the switch and how they feel about it. I've been reading that it has amazing battery life. I use to have a note 2 and I really missed the battery on it when I got the N5.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious to know if others made the switch and how they feel about it. I've been reading that it has amazing battery life. I use to have a note 2 and I really missed the battery on it when I got the N5.

We I would say as far as the switching is concerned I would say switching to the M8 is good decision at all, what you are experiencing with the Google Android will completely change when you move yourself to the HTC. I am sure there is just a lot to be discovered with the HTC M8 I would say instead of thinking about it more .... just go and get one.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

It's a great switch. The only downside is the camera. But it honestly isn't that much worse. Battery life is phenomenal, screen is gorgeous, and the speakers are awesome. Well worth it, in my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
No I am not talking about the same version thing in fact I am talking about the look and feel in nexus the navigation across is much more different than the HTC one !

The look and feel of different phones "differs", of course. it just comes down to personal preference, nothing more. The Nexus 5 still has top specs and will be a great phone for a good while. We can all be happy with our choices, if we choose "flagship" type phones. It's all good. We all win since we are Android fans.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I switched to the HTC M8 twice from the Nexus 5 since it came out early in April. I hate the camera but I love the battery life in comparison to the Nexus 5. You can't really take pictures with a dead battery anyway, its a little less comfortable to hold in my hand but overall the screen is better speakers are better and my phone doesn't have to live in the charger.

Sent from my Google Play Edition M8

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I switched to the HTC M8 twice from the Nexus 5 since it came out early in April. I hate the camera but I love the battery life in comparison to the Nexus 5. You can't really take pictures with a dead battery anyway, its a little less comfortable to hold in my hand but overall the screen is better speakers are better and my phone doesn't have to live in the charger.

Sent from my Google Play Edition M8

I've done the same thing. And I still want the Nexus. There's just something about it. I can kill any phone, and I occasionally have to charge the M8 in the evening, but it does have better battery life. I also don't like the size over the Nexus. It's considerably larger and less comfortable to hold. But I agree about the screen and speakers. That's obvious. And the camera is also much worse. But it still takes OK pics.

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Switched from the Nexus 5 to an AT&T HTC One M8 which has since been converted to a Google Play Edition. Not looking back!

patstar5

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have regular htc one m8, rooted with skydragon rom installed and battery life is much much better than with sense. Only had the phone for a week but with sense my battery had to be charged 2x a day. If you want a phone with best battety life, get huawei mate ascend 2. It doesn't have highest specs, screen is 720p, but battery suppose to last 2 days and is $300 unlocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk