Anyone using a touchpad or mouse

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have not gotten the 12 pro yet, I am trying to wait for the Verizon model to drop, but I have used tablets over the years and nothing beats having a keyboard and touchpad and if not a touchpad a mouse for intense work. I looked at the Logitech keyboard and did not see a touchpad.

Is anyone using a touchpad either wireless with a keyboard or using the USB otg connector? If so what do you have and how is it working. If I am working in something like excel and type in one cell, it is easier and faster to move a mouse and click in the next cell I need than reaching out and touching the cell on the screen.

Thank you, Chester

Posted via Android Central App

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Chester I am currently using the Logitech T630 mouse and it works great. I am waiting for the Logitech pro Keyboard Case and then I will have the perfect combination in my opinion.

I currently have a problem whenever I turn bluetooth on my popular keyboard will not come up. But I think that is something that I have done myself as I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. So for right now I can't really use the mouse unless I also use a bt keyboard or one that I attach via a dongle.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the information. I had read that some android devices can only connect through bluetooth with one input device, either a keyboard or a mouse but not both. I hope this is not an issue for the note 12 pro.

Posted via Android Central App

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
That's not a problem for me as I have no problem using a Zagg Flex keyboard and my Logitech mouse together. My problem comes whenever I try to use the pop-up keyboard with the mouse as I cannot get that combo to work for me.

Nursedad

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I use the Zagg keyboard and a wireless (not bluetooth) mouse with my usb 3 otg cable. Works great and doesn't cause the problem described above.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
This appears to be the only difference as you are using a bt dongle but my mouse is totally wireless. Every time I connect it my pop-up keyboard will not pop-up and the only way to get it to start popping up again is to turn bt or the mouse off. As soon as I flip the switch on the bottom of the mouse the keyboard pops up or down just depending on whether i turned the mouse on or off.

Yes, I can repeat this day after day.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Settings - Connections - Turn on Bluetooth - Scan for devices - and pair them both up.

But my problem may be coming to an end today as I'll be getting the Logitech Pro Keyboard so Hopefully I won't be using the pop-up keyboard very much.

Nursedad

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
The dongle I use isn't bluetooth. Rather, it's an RF wireless dongle. That may be the difference. I have not seen the pop up keyboard issue you are seeing.

Nursedad

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the keyboard right now. It's excellent so far. I love the keys. Typing is excellent. The case is solid too...feels much more sturdy than the Zagg keyboard.

mickeylittle777

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
You can use a USB 3.0 OTG cable to connect a mouse. But if you want to connect a keyboard and mouse at the same time, you can get a USB Hubs.
Maybe this connection in Pics will help.

Yes this is very helpful info that I didn't think about because both the Zagg Flex keyboard and the Logitech T630 mouse are totally wireless and do not have anything to plug into a computer's USB port. So using these 2 I never even had to hook the USB 3.0 OTG cable up.

rowdymoose

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
You can use a USB 3.0 OTG cable to connect a mouse. But if you want to connect a keyboard and mouse at the same time, you can get a USB Hubs.
Maybe this connection in Pics will help.

For the 3in1 OTG card reader you linked to--what are the 3 slots on the bottom? I can tell one is obviously USB, but I'm having trouble figuring out what the other 2 thin openings are--SD and something else?

Thanks,
RM