[APP][4.0+] Wonderwall – Material Design, Ad-Free, HD Wallpaper App [FREE]

Nebulic

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
About
Wonderwall is a gallery for the best nature and landscape photography. Every day one handpicked photo is added to the collection. This app allows you to browse through the photos and set them as wallpaper within 1 touch. And by implementing Google's Material Design principles, Wonderwall works super convenient.

Features
  • Gallery: Browse through all the wallpapers
  • Autoset: Let Wonderwall set wallpapers for you!
  • Favorites: Star your favorites so you always find them back
  • History: Retrieve that one wallpaper you once had and easily set it back
  • Submit: Your own photograph on Wonderwall? It's possible
  • View by category: You only want wallpapers with a waterfall, some mountains or a bridge? Wonderwall's categories make this possible!

Other
  • Material Design
  • Ad-free
  • View EXIF data (Camera, ISO, Aperture, Exposure, Focal length)

What makes Wonderwall special?
Most wallpaper apps, like Wally or Wallmax, give you desktop backgrounds which are meant to be viewed in landscape orientation. They crop those to your phone, which is a portrait viewing mode. Because those backgrounds aren't supposed to be viewed that way they often don't look thát good anymore.
Wonderwall offers you wallpapers which are already in the portrait viewing mode, thus looking much better on your phone!

In action

Where do I get it?
Wonderwall is available on Google Play for Android devices running 4.0 or higher.
v1DzSBi.png

A little bit about me
I thought some of you might be interested in who 'the guy behind the app' is. I'm a 19 year old guy from Belgium. I've been programming ever since I was 13 years old. I've made quite a few things already, including a somewhat popular open-source project bringing Material Design to .NET.

Thank you for checking out my application.
I will be here to answer all your questions and read your feedback. Reviews on Google Play are highly appreciated! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Let me know what you think of it.

The app was nice enough. The wallpapers were really zoomed in on my phone. I have a Moto X Pure Edition. The wallpapers didn't look the way I thought they would. I also think the wallpapers were a little dull and not vibrant. This was both in the app and when I had them applied to my phone. I'd be willing to give it a try down the road.

Nebulic

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
The app was nice enough. The wallpapers were really zoomed in on my phone. I have a Moto X Pure Edition. The wallpapers didn't look the way I thought they would. I also think the wallpapers were a little dull and not vibrant. This was both in the app and when I had them applied to my phone. I'd be willing to give it a try down the road.

Wonderwall crops the wallpaper to your screen, but it should not be zooming in. Did you perhaps modify your DPI? That could mess it up.
You could check out the wallpapers in the Popular category, maybe you find them nicer.

I'm glad you think the app is nice though!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Wonderwall crops the wallpaper to your screen, but it should not be zooming in. Did you perhaps modify your DPI? That could mess it up.
You could check out the wallpapers in the Popular category, maybe you find them nicer.

I'm glad you think the app is nice though!

I didn't modify any settings at all. I applied the wallpaper through the app. I think my phone cropped the wallpaper way too much. I was expecting the type of effect that stock wallpapers have but I think it went a little too far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid