[APP] Flash Image GUI - Easily flash kernels, boot logos and recoveries!

joeykrim

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Credits:
birbeck for the usual random java guidance, slushpupie for his previous java guidance, dodgejcr for extreme amounts of testing, and one_love_420 and shift for some great graphics!
testers: JT-, couga6442, happytweak and many others I might have forgot in the furry of three days I built the initial app from scratch!
Thanks to SDX

Flash Custom Recovery:
Use my app to easily load any custom recovery! Simply copy the recovery.img to your sdcard, select from inside my app and hit the Flash Image button!

Background:
flash_image (bmlwrite) is an extremely useful utility for flashing custom kernels, boot logos and recoveries. This binary has made it possible to easily flash all these items and is used almost everywhere behind the scenes (i.e. in custom recoveries, packaged into kernel /sbin, etc).

Description:
This android application, FlashImageGUI, is basically a GUI interface for the linux binary, flash_image provided by google in AOSP for loading custom kernels and recovery images onto the phone. No recovery or adb needed! Flash a custom kernel, boot logo (some devices) and custom recovery all from android w/o rebooting into recovery mode!
The application displays current kernel version information!

Current Support:
Full Kernel, Logo and Recovery flashing: Samsung Moment, Transform, Intercept and Acclaim - the s3c6410 series of devices
Full Kernel (Anykernel and boot.img) Flashing and Recovery (zip file or image) flashing: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO, Nexus S/Nexus S 4G & LG Optimus
Full Kernel (zImage) Flashing: Samsung Epic
Full Recovery Flashing: HTC Shift (need testers for kernel flashing)
Check application version for updates

Future Support:
Hope to keep supporting any requested phone models!

Install Directions:
Install process is the same as any other .apk. Download to computer and adb push or mount sdcard on computer and copy over or download directly to the phone. Use any file manager, adb, connectbot/terminal emulator to install.
My preferred method, maybe a bit technical: ./adb install c:\downloads\FlashImageGUI.apk

Download Locations
Market (99 cents!): Flash Image GUI
Release versions (free from my personal hosting): Flash Image GUI

Any questions, comments, concerns, or issues, please post in this thread or send me an email! Thanks for all the help and support!

FAQ:
Q: Will this app support a marketplace to pick and chose kernels from?
A: No. Use Kernel Manager!
Q: Where are the links for custom recoveries?
A: twrp - http://tinyw.in/1Kp
cwm - http://gamecack.com/evo3d/cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img

Screenshots:
sshot-FlashImageGUI-main-portrait-evo3d-50.png

sshot-FlashImageGUI-main-portrait-flash-kernel-evo3d-50.png

Please post any helpful feedback. I'm always looking to improve the application!

Last edited:

joeykrim

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [APP] Flash Image GUI - Easily flash kernels, boot logos and

Updated screenshots and added device support for HTC EVO 3D, Samsung Nexus S (4G) and LG Optimus One (T/V/S) series!

Appreciate all the feedback add support! If there is a device you'd like to see supported and are able to test, let me know!

EDIT: Updated OP- new application version 1.2.1:
Added support flashing recovery through .zip files for HTC EVO 3D, Samsung Nexus S (4G), HTC EVO and LG Optimus
Added application version check feature for non market users

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload05