App/Task/Button to change camera resolution?

jbsjbs

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I have two distinct uses for the stock camera on my Pixel XL. One is for work where I'm capturing error messages or pics of equipment and want the low resolution. The other is for pics of my family where I want the highest.

It currently takes 5 taps and a couple of seconds to change, and worse I sometimes forget to change and end up with a low-resolution image of what would otherwise be a nice family picture.

I know that I could shoot everything at high resolution and then resize, but I'd prefer to have a single tap that either via Tasker or something similar would set the picture size (camera resolution) and launch the camera. Even if it only set the picture size and then I manually launched the camera, that would be a huge improvement.

Does anyone know of a way to do this or an app that already does? Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you thought about looking for simply a second camera app? You could use one for the family shots and the other for work. Each would have their own resolution settings, and simply operate independently of each other. It would theoretically give you the functionality you want with the same number of taps either way.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Question, why do you even need the difference in size?

I mean I can't think of a reason why the need to bother since if you're sending the photo, it should be automatically resized via MMS or the chat app you're sending through.

If it's email, depending on the email app, it could have the feature to auto resize attachments as well. So this is an option, instead of doing the resizing on the camera, have the email app resize it automatically.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe