AppBrain App Market not updating my apps

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had this thread in the EVO forum but I think it is more appropriate here.
I have a rooted HTC EVO 4g running Froyo.

Hello all,
My apps in appbrain don't seem to want to update internally. I can install and uninstall just fine, but when i click "update all" it looks like it's going to update (the progress bar moves from left to right) but then nothing ever actually happens in terms of downloading or installing the updates. if i long-press an individual app the option to update in market, of course, works.

I have to manually update in the stock Market app. Then when I resync Appbrain is current.

Fast web installer works fine.

any insight would be most appreciated

EDIT - it appears that the internal install option in AppBrain isn't working for me either. Maybe this is a permissions issue?

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
IMHO, AppBrain isn't worth the hassle anymore. The Android Market's website has evolved to the point of making AppBrain redundant and moot. Especially given that AppBrain was never great at managing apps when you install apps from more than one market or sideloaded apps.

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ditto....stopped using AppBrain a while ago and just use the Market online.

IMHO, AppBrain isn't worth the hassle anymore. The Android Market's website has evolved to the point of making AppBrain redundant and moot. Especially given that AppBrain was never great at managing apps when you install apps from more than one market or sideloaded apps.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using it and it works fine. The other day I had to "reset" my phone because of the issue with (gingerbread version 2.3), and I make sure to sync all my apps first. Reinstall the.app (appbrain) from the market, sign onto my Google account and manually reinstalled all my previous apps.

Op, clear data and/or cache on the app.(appbrain). Open up appbrain...Sign onto your google account - then install all the apps you want and then tap sync. Ps. On the top of the page on the right hand side..you should see a sign that say "My List", tap on that for options to install your apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enid