Archos tablets.. REALLY ARCHOS? wtf..

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Got what? my tablet? yeah.. I've had it for a few weeks now.. I love it.

I have a VEGAn Rom b5.1 and it works great.. Dungeon Defenders so smooth..

Touche - I was refering to Honeycomb. I may be wrong but I think it will be sometime before Honeycomb is mainstream Android OS.

But it is good when you have found a device that meets your needs. The Tab fills that niche for me.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
we'll see Honeycomb ASOP released before a real release is made.. good thing about ASOP.. It can be morphed into a ROM.

I'm running Gingerbread ASOP on my Droid 1, DroidX and Droid Incredible. :D

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
we'll see Honeycomb ASOP released before a real release is made.. good thing about ASOP.. It can be morphed into a ROM.

I'm running Gingerbread ASOP on my Droid 1, DroidX and Droid Incredible. :D

How are you running it on your X? I always hear the X cannot run AOSP due to the inability to flash kernals? You have a link to the rom you are using?

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB is running Android 2.2 Froyo. There is another Firmware update, which I haven't installed yet.

I am very satisfied with my Archos 70. Plenty of memory, with 250GB! Connects to my MacPro with no problems. Transferring files from the MacPro to the Archos is easy and fast.

Internet radio works great. The Dolphin browser is awesome! Have thousands of files I've put on the Archos (lots of music, videos, docments/articles/books, pictures).

I can connect via hotspots all around town easily.

I have 622 apps, most I've downloaded from Market with no trouble. Lots of great free apps available from Market ....

markmysite

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
No question the Viewsonic G Tablet has the better processor... however, the reviews on it are not very good either. It came down to the memory for me. I needed HDMI out for hotel TV's, wanted a kick stand so I didn't have to buy a new case, wanted at least 2.2 froyo on it, and it needed to be able to hold a ton of large movie files that convert easily. Only the Archos can do that.

Viewsonic G Tablet = $380-$391
Memory = 16GB internal card, expandable limited to max of 32GB
No mini HDMI out... must use a dock

Archos 70 250GB = $350
Memory = 250GB
has HDMI out

NO CONTEST

plunder

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Smart-Phones proved their worth some time ago; will Tabs do the same?

I chose an A70-250 (running 2.2.1) mostly for the 250Gb HD and screen size. My first Android device is a modest experiment to see if TABS provide anything I want or even like.

The iPad looks interesting, but I hate I-tunes and WHERE ARE THE USB PORTS Steve!!! So because IMHO - this year the Android floodgates will come off their hinges as hoards of TABS invade planet earth; joined by at least 4 other flavours of TAB.

Now I can imagine tablet based tools that would be effective; and very useful to me. But, are they useful now? Will they ever meet my needs? and . . . what will I actually use one for?

To answer those questions, I got this French thing and play with it. Surprisingly, I find myself reading the news sites and e-Books, following the Android chat-insults-reviews etc and (god help me) joining in!

So far, I suspect that Tablet devices will prove useful, even fun. So far, their productive role is dubious at best, but their size and weight changes the rules. So, Perhaps that will also change the results.

What do all of you: choose and use or abuse??? Tell me all.

Last edited:

PhilMoZo

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered 3 Archos tablets.. Windows 7 and Android mixed..

Strike 1. WHY ARE THEY STILL USING RESISTIVE TOUCH SCREENS ON BOTH THE W7 AND ANDROID?!

Strike 2.. Why are they using ANDROID 1.0?!?!?

Are they completely lined up to fail? Is Archos really that dumb of a company?
presumably this as a while ago? why did you order 3?

i have just got an archos 7 -the older one -new- and it runs Eclair 2+
still a major disappointment :-X

PhilMoZo

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
as i posted earlier...i have a brand new...!....archos 7 home...the A70BHT firmware 1.0.1 kernel 2.6.25 build V0.18.eclair

well it runs 2.1 eclair ...i believe....which i just flashed.......and it is shockingly basic..and the wifi card is much weaker than my netbook in the same exact location.

What can use this thing for? where and ho can i upgrade it...google .com is such run around for this...and i am a dead cert google fan!! soo i shoudl know what i am doing

PhilMoZo

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
My Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB is running Android 2.2 Froyo. There is another Firmware update, which I haven't installed yet.

I am very satisfied with my Archos 70. Plenty of memory, with 250GB! Connects to my MacPro with no problems. Transferring files from the MacPro to the Archos is easy and fast.

Internet radio works great. The Dolphin browser is awesome! Have thousands of files I've put on the Archos (lots of music, videos, docments/articles/books, pictures).

I can connect via hotspots all around town easily.

I have 622 apps, most I've downloaded from Market with no trouble. Lots of great free apps available from Market ....
greetings,

i have the archos 7 home..aargh..i dont need huge memory A70BHT...but i want to improve on the eclair install and frmware 1.0.1 do you know if this is possible?

thanks

Keith miner

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Well hopefully I will request an update to the question of 3 years ago.

I got my Archos 70BHT today and it has Android 2.3. After 8 hours still trying to get google play or android marketplace installed but no luck so far. Will give Support a call later today when they open.

Any know what the latest Android version is that will go on these tablets

Keith

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy