Arrow/Microsoft Launcher - How do I move apps to other screens?

hschmoll

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
I just switched from windows phone nokia 1520 to Samsung S6. I was very interested to see that there was a MS Launcher and I have downloaded it to compare it to Touchwiz Home which was preinstalled. I really like the interface even if it is missing live tiles but I am completely stumped trying to find a way to move icons from one screen to another. The Touchwiz style of dragging the icon left or right to move it to a new screen does not work and there is now way to dock it at the top of the screen it is on so I can swipe to the destination screen and drag it down. I anyone familiar with how it was done in Arrow? HELP

I can't figure out how to post a comment to the answer below so I'm posting it here.

I had to go looking for the switch to stop the vertical scroll but I found it and when it is off I get the grey bar on the side that allows me to move the icon to other horizontal pages. I have small fingers but they still seem to be oversize to make the movement reliable and easy but then again MS Launcher just rolled out to prime time and there may be improvements later on.

Last edited:

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've just had a play around with mine to try and recreate your issue. I'm guessing you have Vertical Scrolling set up so the pages move up and down like they did with LiveTiles on our Windows phones? If so I figured out that you have to long press on the app you want to move, when you do this a light grey bar will appear at the top or bottom of the page, drag the app onto that bar (depending whether you're moving up a page or down) then after a split second the page will move to the next screen for you to place the app icon.
It took me a little while to work it out as I was probably doing the same as you and dragging the icon right to the very top or bottom of the page and nothing was happening.

If you have your pages to scroll left and right like I have then they should work exactly the same way as TouchWiz.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20171021_230414.jpg
    IMG_20171021_230414.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I know this is an old post but I have a similar question:
How can I create an empty page so that I can add apps or widgets. It looks like I can only add a specific type of page like Recen activities, people, to do, etc. I don't want any of those, I just want an extra page to add my own stuff ... Is this possible? Any other launcher has this option including Samsung's TouchWiz launcher

justrobb1

Dec 17, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I know this is an old post but I have a similar question:
How can I create an empty page so that I can add apps or widgets. It looks like I can only add a specific type of page like Recen activities, people, to do, etc. I don't want any of those, I just want an extra page to add my own stuff ... Is this possible? Any other launcher has this option including Samsung's TouchWiz launcher

You need to disable Vertical Scrolling in the launcher settings (Launcher Settings -> Personalization -> Home Screen -> Vertical Scrolling)
Then the blank page option will appear when you add a new page

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19