ART runtime on Note 4

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I created a thread on this a little while ago, but to answer the question, I haven't noticed anything substantial with performance as of yet, but anytime I restarted my phone while under the ART runtime, EVERYTIME it reloads the apps as if my phone did an OS update. and it is rather annoying.

I'm using a stock AT&T variant.

skeetre

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm testing it right now. Or rather I'm waiting to optimize app 112 of 367.

I'll post again tomorrow after using a bit to see how it does.

muadib279

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed no difference in performance. I'm also using att stock, and now plan to go back to Dalvik until the reboot issue is fixed.

Andrew Chambers1

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Same behaviour here on a N910g from Optus in Australia. 59 apps continually get Optimized on any reboot or restart. Not recommended...

Last edited:

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I just recently swapped to art I'm on Verizon. Mine runs good so far. Mine only recompiles 9 apps total on a restart . I'm still checking battery life. It runs a little smoother but the multi task lag is still there.

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm also using ART on Verizon. It actually makes Hangouts lag a bit less which is what I was hoping. Hangouts has always lagged a ton on my Samsung devices. My battery life seems more or less the same to be honest.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I had intermittent loss of phone calls and messages. Meaning on occasion, my phone would just pop up telling me i have one missed call and 3 missed messages and so on. Went back to dalvik and problem magically disappeared.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I created a thread on this a little while ago, but to answer the question, I haven't noticed anything substantial with performance as of yet, but anytime I restarted my phone while under the ART runtime, EVERYTIME it reloads the apps as if my phone did an OS update. and it is rather annoying.

I'm using a stock AT&T variant.

I had the same experience. It wasn't worth switching since the phone was unusable until all my apps were updated. Went back to Dalvik IMMEDIATELY.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I switched to ART on my Verizon note 4 running kitkat and it lagged terribly. When I upgraded to lollipop, I had no performance issues or lag. Did kitkat use a different version of ART than lollipop?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I switched to ART on my Verizon note 4 running kitkat and it lagged terribly. When I upgraded to lollipop, I had no performance issues or lag. Did kitkat use a different version of ART than lollipop?

The version on KitKat was early/experimental, not the finished product that ended up in Lollipop. That's why it was hidden under Developer options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rambo4id