Assign a unique tone to a specific notification sender, plus more?

mizzn44

Oct 2, 2022
Visit site
I have a dilemma I hope someone can help me solve. It's a two-fold problem.

1. I would like to be able to assign a unique tone to a single notification. Example: I get notifications from work, at all hours. They come in the form - alert@XXXX.net . It's not important what the tone is, just that it's specific to the example shown.

2. Once the above is accomplished, for times when I'm sleeping, I would like to be able to silence all ringers and notifications except for the above, alert@XXXX.net

3. In a perfect world I would like to easily turn this off and on for those days that I'm not working.

I'm guessing it's pretty easy to do, I just haven't been able to figure it out.
For what it's worth I have a Note 10+, all updates completed.

BTW - I have also posted a separate question on how to unlink my ringer from my notifications.

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming these are coming as text messages, or are they actual emails?

If a text message - once the 'thread' is established (the first one arrives) you can set a tone for that particular thread. At least with the Pixel devices using the Google contacts app there is no method to set a text tone by contact.

In email - you'll need an email client (presumably one approved by your employer for handling work-related email if this is a work-associated email box that you're monitoring) that can send a specific notification tone based on the sender.

To silence all ringers except this one - use DnD while sleeping, then add this sender as a contact and add it to favorites, with DnD set to allow favorites to ring through. But this only works for text messages, may not work for emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332