Assigning Certain Ringtones To Contacts

Makaveli1490

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just doesn't work for my phone for some reason

It seems as though my default ringtone overrides everything

Im rooted btw running das remix 1.6.2. I have both people and stock contacts. I removed htc contacts, didn't help. Put it back, didn't work either

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have this issue as well. Something is seriously wrong with this part of the phone. i have tried all kinds of ways and it always goes back to the default

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Works fine for me. I just went into each contact that I wanted to change and set the ringtone there. I haven't rooted my phone so maybe that has something to do with not being able to set them.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Works fine for me. I just went into each contact that I wanted to change and set the ringtone there. I haven't rooted my phone so maybe that has something to do with not being able to set them.

Same here. Works for me. Non root. I set from within the contact.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Before I rooted this would happen to me occasionally, so I started setting all of my contact ringtones through HTC's Music app. They seemed to "stick" better that way for some reason. Now that I'm running a ROM with HTC's Music removed I'm just setting them through People - fortunately, no issues with it so far.

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I set my ringtones thru people and they will work the 1st time, and then revert back to the Default
Ringtone! This is driving me Crazy, I hope it gets fixed soon!!!

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, I learned that doing it my way actually puts the audio file in the correct ringtone folder.

Dunno why it doesn't work for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy