At a Rezound crossroads...

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I ultimately ended up taking the Incredible 4G as a warranty replacement on my Rezound. I got it in yesterday and it is a great phone and I am glad I made the switch. Everything seems to be working as it should. My only complaint is the constant wi-fi notification but I can deal with it.

Cool. Glad you like it..always seemed like the Rez's lil brother, even thought the CPU is more powerful on the Inc. Do you notice the lower res screen vs the Rez or does it not matter much bc it's smaller?
I don't think I'll leave the Rez community in quite a while here..with AOSP..Sense 4.1 roms, etc this thing is flying..love it. + I compared the screen to the S3, as well as the camera, and I still think this phone is comparable or better on those terms. My wife has an upgrade laying around though and I might pass on the Rez to her and use her upgrade on the rumored HTC 5in phablet or the LG Nexus (as it stands right now..more likely the first). It always is unfortunate to hear when folks have problems with the Rez..it is my favorite phone of all time thus far and still think it's a damn shame VZW didn't promote it more.

Anyhoo..glad you stayed in the HTC arena! Even though it looks like LG now..I really hope they're up again for the next Nexus.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will definitely want you to do a factory reset. I would get a refurbished. Mine is a refurb coming from issues with the thunderbolt. I have no problems

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I do have a question that was brought on by this thread. If I buy my next phone through Amazon or Letstalk.com at a discounted price do I have to change my plan to share everything or will I be able to retain my unlimited data plan?

Thank you for your help Acejavelin's reply seems to imply I can keep my plan.

Regards,

Larry

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I do have a question that was brought on by this thread. If I buy my next phone through Amazon or Letstalk.com at a discounted price do I have to change my plan to share everything or will I be able to retain my unlimited data plan?

Regards,

Larry

If you get a subsidized phone then yes you will have to change. The only way out is by paying full retail for the phone or getting a used one

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Regards,

Larry

Just wait until the GNote drops. You can buy my old SGS3 lol

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I was considering one of the new Nexus phones:) Haven't been too happy with Samsung had 2 Fascinates and both were nightmares.

Regards,

Larry

The Fascinates were nightmares this was a fact that most of Verizon admits. The LG nexus phone will most likely not be on Verizon. If it does show up on verizon be prepared to be disappointed like the Galaxy Nexus users as they get shafted more often then not on Verizon. Unless something major happens with Google expect it to be a bad bad experience. That being said I want to clarify somethin with you that you asked earlier upon.. you asked if you got a new phone using the subsidy that you would have to get a shared everything plan and not keep your unlimited data.. The information that was given to you by the other person was flawed because unfortunatly the question was flawed but this was not your fault it's a marketing fault really. I'll explain

1) Shared Everything and Shared Data are two different things...
2)You can get Shared Data WITHOUT Shared Everything..
3) If you upgrade your phone using the upgrade promotion you have to change your Data plan to Shared Data.. you DO NOT have to change your voice plan to shared everything.

I called 3 different times and got this same answer that i have given you.... I hope this helps

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. Yes I am coming to the conclusion Verizon is one of the worst carriers, but unfortunately have the most coverage. I am stuck with them. I have unlimited data and it does not make sense to lose that if I can find a way to keep it.

I guess I will be paying full price for my next phone, but I have talked with Verizon about their share everything plan it is a riot I would get less service, but have to pay more money. That is absurd.

Take care.

Regards,

Larry

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I was considering one of the new Nexus phones:) Haven't been too happy with Samsung had 2 Fascinates and both were nightmares.

Regards,

Larry

I went back to Samsung after having the Fascinate as well. Trust me, all of the Samsung phones have grown by leaps and bounds since that horrid phone. Don't limit yourself by manufacturer, you'll miss out on some great hardware.

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I went back to Samsung after having the Fascinate as well. Trust me, all of the Samsung phones have grown by leaps and bounds since that horrid phone. Don't limit yourself by manufacturer, you'll miss out on some great hardware.

I won't limit myself by manufacturer. One of the things I like about the Nexus devices is the fact their OS seems to get upgraded in about half the time as others on Verizon. Having said that I did consider the Galaxy SIII, but found Verizon gimped their version not allowing some of the features on the phone. I will still consider the Samsung Note 2, but if I go for a brand I am leaning towards the new HTC.

I have been very lucky with my Rezound and have nothing but good to say about it. This does give me a slight inclination to keep getting HTC devices. The one drawback is the updates I still haven't gotten the second ICS update, but from what I can see that was a very limited release. I used to root and flash ROMs on the Fascinate, but as I get older I have found I make little mistakes and they can lead to a disastrous experience on electronics. Thus I try to be careful of what I do. The last time I tried to flash a device I messed it up royally and had to return it. I managed to get it by Verizon didn't feel good about it because I don't like to abuse these rights. Oh well.

Take care.

Regards,

Larry

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I agree - my fascinate was a nightmare. I choose to get the rezound while waiting for the galaxy nexus to arrive. Then when it arrived, I decided to keep the rez.
I like the Sense experience, but I have played with the GNex and GSIII, and I wouldn't rule Sammy out...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

The Fascinate was actually a great phone if rooted/ROM'd. Before I dumped it for a 4G device, I had it running ICS and it was quite nice. I agree, the improvements between the Fascinate and the GS3 are pretty amazing, and the GNote 2 looks to be the beast to devour all beasts (if the size doesn't scare you away). And if VZW gets the new 5" HTC device, either one of those two will be killer devices for anyone to have.