AT&T Unlimited Data for All!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Unlimited Data for All!

Wow so if you sign up you lose your corporate discount?

It still shows on your account, but they don't apply it unless you have a military discount. Same way Verizon's plan works. But I save $25 per month on my DirecTV now, so it works out to a similar discount and I'm not paying much more for unlimited. Maybe $25-30 per month.

derrickmd18#AC

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow I don't have military if was looking for a carrier between sprint and att and sprint won't honor my ups discount with the unlimited plan so was looking at att and you saying they won't honor it too. I have comcast Internet don't really watch TV just streaming

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow I don't have military if was looking for a carrier between sprint and att and sprint won't honor my ups discount with the unlimited plan so was looking at att and you saying they won't honor it too. I have comcast Internet don't really watch TV just streaming

Yeah, you won't get it. I'm a County government employee and I don't get my 17% discount anymore. It saved me $17 per month before, now I save $25. So it works out for me.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep.

Unfortunately at present all but the military discount have been nixed. I was lucky enough to transfer over to a business plan on unlimited plus so my two unlimited lines together are a little less expensive at $135 (vs. $145). But unless you can get on ATT Premier or have a valid military ID the consumer plans as advertised are as cheap as they get.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday when I went to the Att store, they told me that after 22gb used, in congested traffic areas (where I usually live and commute) I would get 2G speeds. I asked how slow that can be and she said 128kbs. I wanted to switch from Verizon because of limited choice on the phones, but this throttling is a deal breaker.
Did anyone here get they kind of experience?

VZW Moto X DE/N7

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday when I went to the Att store, they told me that after 22gb used, in congested traffic areas (where I usually live and commute) I would get 2G speeds. I asked how slow that can be and she said 128kbs. I wanted to switch from Verizon because of limited choice on the phones, but this throttling is a deal breaker.
Did anyone here get they kind of experience?

VZW Moto X DE/N7

Verizon does the same thing. They're all capped. I've seen no slow downs on AT&T.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what they do, but what they say :)
To clarify - you were over 22gb and had no heavy throttling to 2g in urban areas?

VZW Moto X DE/N7

I'm not in an urban area. But I've heard from others who have said they haven't noticed. I'm sure it's just a fail safe for these companies in case they need to due to bottlenecks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia