ATTN: "bricked" Optimus S users!!!

chevrcer04

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am new to posting but definatley not new to reading, and implementing the topics of Androidcentral. Neway I feel this is the right forum to hopefully add a post that might get some Optimus' out of people's drawers. The "BRICK" everyone speaks of with Clockwork rec. is a blank screen after the LG logo correct? If i'm mistaken then at least I will get a good utility into the mainstream. I just recently, after long-time Reborn ROM use, decidied ,not out of dislike or bad performance, to explore the other options. Instead of doing it the hard/right way I tried ROM Manager in hopes it would work, having the Optimus S I was obviously disappointed. Not being one to give into technology beating him easily, I scowered the forums for an answer. I even tried multiple times to flash both a new recovery and ROM, but it was no use because in ADB, There was a ~ before the #. A basic description of the ~ goes as follows, HAHA you cant change your recovery now because you cant access the Mount Remount option because of a stupid error. Trying desperatly to get my phone working again, Google Voice btw saved my life again because I could see missed calls and respond to txt messages from my browser, I stumbled upon a little JAVA program called Androidscreencast. Its uses JAVA to ,as long as your phone is plugged to your comp, view the screen of your device on your monitor. Some of you ask, "If I can't see my screen what good would that do?" What you might not realize is even tho the screen appears off I think it's an error in the programing having to do with the communication between the graphics processor and the actual screen of the device, because Androidscreencast shows what I should be seeing on my device!!! EPIC!!! So after discovering this I was successfully able to re-flash cm7, flash asop's Mod, and from the setup screen of asop's, which for some reason allowed me to use Adb without that damned ~, flahed Xionia recovery. When I rebooted my phone into recovery the screen works again!!! Also EPIC!!! I hope this information isn't something that the Android community sees as "just another noob reposting some garbage", because I consider myself at the Very least savvy, and I don't do any blog posting so if I'm wasting the time to post this it must be worth it. Good luck to all you "Bricked" Optimus S users and maybe the insight on the cause of the screen malfunction might just be the direction Clockworks' team needs to look in to make their recovery compatiible with the Optimus S. Thanks for your time reading this short story lol.

Here the link for the program that saved my phone's life and possibly mine:cool:
:cool: http//code.google.com/p/androidscreencast :cool:

Sry for the lack of a : after the http, I can't post links because this is my first post ever, inconveniance but understandable DOWN WITH SPAM!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos