Audio playback problems

airbornemist6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
So far I've been loving my mytouch 4g, but I noticed that whenever I try to play back audio it skips and lags really bad at random times. I'm using both the stock player and power AMP and running into the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... I'll try it on my gf's MT today. Might just be a bug. If it is don't worry, htc is REALLY good with bug updates. I've lost track of how many updates there's been since June. Heck, they're on their 11th kernel already. But ya, I'll see if I can duplicate the problem. I'll get back to you soon.

Inca Orchid

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
When I first got the MyTouch I had a similar issue.
What I did to fix my problem:
Go To

----- Settings
----- Applications
----- Running Services

I found several instances of audio applications that were running that I had
used previously but for some reason they were not stopped so I force stopped them.

Make sure not to stop an application unless you know what it's purpose is.

hope to have helped

Reactions: airbornemist6

airbornemist6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have since managed to fix part of the issue. By taking control of my running services, I've managed to bring this down to a minimum. However, there's now another problem, when I listen with a wired headset, there are no skips or anything using PowerAMP (unless I use the default media player, which is horrible and will even skip over the speaker).

HOWEVER! If I use my bluetooth headset, I run into the skipping problem again, very sporadically, but, it's definitely there. It happens most when I'm off wifi, which leads me to believe it may be a problem with my phone trying to sync my exchange email/gmail, but since we only have GPRS in my area (T-mobile isn't pushing out "4g" until January here), my phone has a tendency to freak out every time it tries to reach out to the internet and has to wait like 3 or 4 minutes for a response...

I still find it strange that it only happens on my bluetooth headset now though. I have a Sony DR-BT50. Being that it's basically the best (or at the very least most expensive >.>) headset on the market, I highly doubt that the headset is the problem, especially considering it works fine on my iPhone 3Gs (which is now an iPod Touch that makes very good Skype calls).

Has anyone else run into Bluetooth problems with this phone though? I got $20 for anyone that can solve my problem. Just saying.

airbornemist6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have tracked this down a bit further. This issue occurs in two situations. First of all, I think I may have found the mytouch 4g bluetooth deathgrip, but have been unable to produce it. But more than that, I learned that I run into this when dropping off wifi networks or getting onto them. Does anyone know anything about the MT4G wifi or bluetooth transmitters?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavid666