Aukey or Anker 18w qualcomm quick charge 2.0 certified wall charger $10 on Amazon

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Aukey 18w qualcomm quick charge 2.0 certified wall charger $10 on Amazon

Thanks for posting this. I've been holding off on pulling the trigger on a quick charger for my G4, waiting for some reviews to make sure it worked.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the heads-up!

How do you add the code, to get the lower price? I am signed in to Amazon, added the charger to my cart, and went partway through the checkout process, but it still shows $15.99.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the heads-up!

How do you add the code, to get the lower price? I am signed in to Amazon, added the charger to my cart, and went partway through the checkout process, but it still shows $15.99.

Should be able to enter code at the last screen before you hit place your order.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

Code? Damn! I should learn to read more carefully. Oh well, full price isn't so bad.

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

Got it, thank you!

It's on the Checkout page, in section 2, "Choose a payment method". There is a field to "Add a gift card or promotion code".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Nice find, Dpham! :).

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

I bought this about a month ago before the price decrease and before this coupon.
Works great.
Cons: the USB port is on the front of the charger so you need plenty of room between charger and anything in front. The second item I don't like is the charger prongs do not fold in this a little bigger to travel with.
As I said at the start of works great every time as a QC 2.0 charger or regular charger.

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anker also has their qc 2.0 charger on sale for the same price. I updated the op with the link and coupon

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, Aukey vs Anker.

The Aukey includes a heavy-gauge 20AWG USB cable, which is nice. That could benefit any device, reducing the voltage drop through the cable, regardless of whether the device uses QC 2.0.

The Anker has a light, which I believe changes color based on how the device is charging (QC or not). Could be helpful sometimes. Probably doesn't really matter once you've established whether your device really does QC 2.0, I suppose. Includes a USB cable, but no info on how thick the wires are.

Any thoughts on which is better? Neither one seems to have a folding plug. Both have 18 month warranties.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Having had both... The Anker one feels more solid. Both perform similarly. The cable on the Anker is of good thickness, but I don't know the gauge.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Aukey qc 2.0 - Samsung adaptive charger - Anker qc 2.0

uploadfromtaptalk1435206581302.jpg

Anker top, Samsung middle, aukey bottom. Aukey is thicker than the other 2, and a few inches longer than Anker.
uploadfromtaptalk1435206588493.jpg

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I got the Anker for Father's day and it works great. I decided to go with it because it comes with a 6 ft cord. The Aukey on Amazon only comes with a 3.5 ft cord.

MichaelRS

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
You could get the green tip cables from PortaPow, on Amazon.
The charging wire in both their charge only red tipped offerings and the data and charge green tip offerings is 20 gauge.
But you need the green tip ones as you need a data connection, between the phone and the charger, for quick charge 2.0 to work.

geeyesgee

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, Aukey vs Anker.

The Aukey includes a heavy-gauge 20AWG USB cable, which is nice. That could benefit any device, reducing the voltage drop through the cable, regardless of whether the device uses QC 2.0.

The Anker has a light, which I believe changes color based on how the device is charging (QC or not). Could be helpful sometimes. Probably doesn't really matter once you've established whether your device really does QC 2.0, I suppose. Includes a USB cable, but no info on how thick the wires are.

Any thoughts on which is better? Neither one seems to have a folding plug. Both have 18 month warranties.

Suggest go for Tronsmart QC 2.0 certified USB Charger. You get both wall charger and car charger. Tronsmart is marginally (around 7%) cheaper than Anker and Aukey as they are OEM supplier to them. And the accessories like USB cable are of high standard than Anker and Aukey.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582