Auto capitalization problem?

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that more often than not you have to hit the backspace key in order to get the first letter in an SMS capitalized (unless the letter is I)? It does auto capitalize on a regular basis but there are many times I go to start a new SMS and it seems to think I'm already mid sentence. I am running Bugless Beast, so maybe that has something to do with it but I seem to remember it doing the same thing when I was not running a custom ROM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: captain_dl

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that more often than not you have to hit the backspace key in order to get the first letter in an SMS capitalized (unless the letter is I)? It does auto capitalize on a regular basis but there are many times I go to start a new SMS and it seems to think I'm already mid sentence. I am running Bugless Beast, so maybe that has something to do with it but I seem to remember it doing the same thing when I was not running a custom ROM.

YES! It drives me nuts! I've had it happen with stock 4.0.2 and with all of the 4.0.3 based ROMs I've tried. I hope there will be a fix soon.

Reactions: svenEDGE

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it drives me crazy. I think I'll write Google and tell them about it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

foug

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
haha yea sometimes my phone puts caps on the strangest words. It did "simmer" the other day, not a big deal, just an amusing bug i think, could be worse:-*

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Same thing for me too. I'm running stock 4.0.2 and it's driving me nuts too. I thought I was the only one that was a stickler for caps. LOL

DancesWithFarts

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
i haven't had this problem, but the darn thing doesn't wake up and make me breakfast in the morning so i may throw it through vzw's window like the discount tire commercial.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Been using SwiftKey x since day one. So I haven't seen this issue. The predictions are pretty accurate best keyboard I've used. :D

SwiftKey is awesome! There was just something I didn't like about it. Whatever that was doesn't come to mind right now but overall I love the stock keyboard.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
i haven't had this problem, but the darn thing doesn't wake up and make me breakfast in the morning so i may throw it through vzw's window like the discount tire commercial.

Mine is okay at making breakfast but getting it to clean up is like pulling teeth!:D

Brad Nailer

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out!!! When you are in text mode and your android keyboard is open, hit the input options button which is just to the left of the microphone. (a funny looking circle). Select Android keyboard settings, and Auto-capitalization is one of the options. Click it and you should be home free.

skisquash

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Actually, this doesn't work for me. There is no symbol to the left of the microphone. I did notice from the settings menu I already have auto-cap checked. So, this annoying problem persists with no response from Google.

pcskier

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I use the voice recognition feature of the Samsung keyboard and I found that during texting, it will auto capitalize the first letter in the sentence, but it won't when emailing. I have auto-capitalize the first letter checked in all of the settings, but the problem continues. If I click to the left of the first word, I will get the suggested word capitalized, so it knows!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23