Awesome performance tweaks!

kcodya

May 22, 2011
Visit site
For rooted users, try these tweaks on for size. These really seemed to speed things up!
Use Root Explorer or a similar app to browse and do a Nandroid first just in case.

1. Browse to /system/ect and edit the adreno_config.txt
2. Under the Binning section, change "binning=sw" to "binning=hw'
3. Under th 2D Settings section, change "2D.HwBlt=0" to "2D.HwBlt=1"
4. Save changes.
5. Now browse to /system and edit build.prop
6. Add "debug.sf.hw=1" (no quotes) to the end of the file.
7. Save changes.
8. Reboot

You should get a bit of a speedup in some apps, and scrolling should be much smoother.

Source: xda-developers

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
For rooted users, try these tweaks on for size. These really seemed to speed things up!
Use Root Explorer or a similar app to browse and do a Nandroid first just in case.

1. Browse to /system/ect and edit the adreno_config.txt
2. Under the Binning section, change "binning=sw" to "binning=hw'
3. Under th 2D Settings section, change "2D.HwBlt=0" to "2D.HwBlt=1"
4. Save changes.
5. Now browse to /system and edit build.prop
6. Add "debug.sf.hw=1" (no quotes) to the end of the file.
7. Save changes.
8. Reboot

You should get a bit of a speedup in some apps, and scrolling should be much smoother.

Source: xda-developers

Nice Dude!

murphdsurf

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question,
But can you edit these settings from the phone itself or does it need to be connected to a pc.

First time fooling around with these settings. :)

Thx in advance,
Tom

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
OP, can you give any short explanation of what exactly these tweaks are doing? I'm just curious, not doubting you. I swear. :)

~Drew

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
OP, can you give any short explanation of what exactly these tweaks are doing? I'm just curious, not doubting you. I swear. :)

~Drew

They are putting the GPU (grpahics processor unit) to hardware mode instead of software mode. This makes anything screen related faster... And what is not screen related? lol I made two of the three tweaks on Senseless ROM 1.1 and benchmark wise it is about a 25% performance gain. Now that is in a simple synthetic benchmark. Real world results can be diff.

-Scott

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
They are putting the GPU (grpahics processor unit) to hardware mode instead of software mode. This makes anything screen related faster... And what is not screen related? lol I made two of the three tweaks on Senseless ROM 1.1 and benchmark wise it is about a 25% performance gain. Now that is in a simple synthetic benchmark. Real world results can be diff.

-Scott

Thank you very much.

~Drew

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Those of you using this tweak have you noticed a decrease in battery life?
You should not see a decease due to the fact it enables hardware functions verse emulating them in software. But that just my educated guess. I never have a rom on device long enough to ever test battery, lol.

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to be resurrecting an old thread, but I have a serious issue it seems....

I have an HTC EVO 3D with HBOOT 1.5, no S-OFF. I'm running ViperROM RC2 and I used Root Explorer to edit the adreno_config.txt and build.prop files in my system folder. I'm 100% positive I did it correctly. I backed up the files and attempted a reboot. At first, the phone was doing ok. It powered off and the white and green "htc" splash image loaded.....but that was it. Every time I try to boot up, it does that. I went into recovery and fixed permissions, wiped cache and dalvik, all of that.....I had to adb pull the files, return them to normal, adb push them back into /system, and reboot to fix the problem and actually get the phone to boot up again.

Anyone know what I did wrong??

Last edited:

dimebagdan65

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

I have an HTC EVO 3D with HBOOT 1.5, no S-OFF. I'm running ViperROM RC2 and I used Root Explorer to edit the adreno_config.txt and build.prop files in my system folder. I'm 100% positive I did it correctly. I backed up the files and attempted a reboot. At first, the phone was doing ok. It powered off and the white and green "htc" splash image loaded.....but that was it. Every time I try to boot up, it does that. I went into recovery and fixed permissions, wiped cache and dalvik, all of that.....I had to adb pull the files, return them to normal, adb push them back into /system, and reboot to fix the problem and actually get the phone to boot up again.

Keep me posted, running same ROM as you and I wanna get this working! Gonna post over in viperboy's thread and see what he and vinchenzo can come up with

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
what tweaks did you add to the build prop? some may not work on the 3d
what base is the rom built from? if its the new 2.17 some tweaks wont work

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
here are the tweaks that i found so far that works on the new base

# Tweaks
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=300
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0