Backup Assistant

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't activated it, but if it's like any of the other accounts you should be able to go to settings > accounts and sync > backup assistant and click remove account.

it doesn't let you remove backup assistant. the only way i could do it is to do a factory reset, and then when i set it up again, i skip backup assistant. now when i go to PEOPLE, menu, VIEW, Phone now shows 0 and all my contacts are under google, which is what i want. and now when i go to PHONE, i only see 1 copy of all my contacts while i am searching. now if i could only get rid of facebook contacts in the PHONE view.

sectachrome

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I found Backup Assistant under Applications where you normally go to uninstall apps, and hit force stop, dont know if thatll do anything. I also changed BA to update late at night between 12am and 6am. 99% of the time my phone will be charging during those hours so I dont have to worry about it draining the battery for no reason.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I would only recommend using BA if one is coming from a dumbphone AND not using any type of PIM software (cloud or desktop based). You definitely dont need it if you are using Gmail before you get the DI.

stawnster

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ANSWER to "remove backup assistant"

Rather than removing or disabling backup assistant, just log into https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ucts/backup-assistantplus.html&token=lwhREWiO and DELETE all of your contacts.

There is a "select all" link in list view, then hit the settings dropdown and click delete. This will in turn delete them from your mobile device. This will NOT effect any Gmail, Facebook or other synced accounts.

Make sure you backup any contacts to prevent loss. Once deleted, the device will continue to sync daily, but since there is nothing to sync, it will not take up valuable power or processing.

This caused me considerable frustration, I hope this makes your day like it did mine. Tweet your thanks @stawnkaufman

stawnster

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ANSWER to "remove backup assistant"

Rather than removing or disabling backup assistant, just log into https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ucts/backup-assistantplus.html&token=EqForb3b and DELETE all of your contacts.

There is a "select all" link in list view, then hit the settings dropdown and click delete. This will in turn delete them from your mobile device. This will NOT effect any Gmail, Facebook or other synced accounts.

Make sure you backup any contacts to prevent loss. Once deleted, the device will continue to sync daily, but since there is nothing to sync, it will not take up valuable power or processing.

This caused me considerable frustration, I hope this makes your day like it did mine. Tweet your thanks @stawnkaufman

eagle4life69

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok so after a lot of searching I could not find an exact way of removing the stupid Back-up assistant. I have found a great way but you must root your phone. I have (well my wife) a LG Ally and the following write-up I did should apply to all once you have your phone rooted.

Please check out my post it is called How to Remove Verizon Back-up Assistant from LG Ally (or other Android Phones)

Not sure if I am spamming but I only did the write-up after not finding an exact answer. If there is a problem please let me know.

Otherwise I hope everyone finds this information helpful

dj928

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
I see no way to remove backup assistant and can't find an answer to this anywhere. Any idea on how to remove or disable backup assistant on my Droid 2?

MUSKRAT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Then after you use the VZW backup assistant you can save $ by not using it(they charge 4 backup assistant correct?) & just sync with your gmail u setup. The Google contacts backup & restore has saved me a few times. Plus the Google backup is FREE as all Google stuff. We all luv FREE.

PING ID- snyders_wireless
Questions on nething cell phone related hit me up & ask. Flashing info Carrier info & if I don't know the answer right then ill research it till I get a clear answer for myself so I can give u a good answer

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Then after you use the VZW backup assistant you can save $ by not using it(they charge 4 backup assistant correct?) & just sync with your gmail u setup. The Google contacts backup & restore has saved me a few times. Plus the Google backup is FREE as all Google stuff. We all luv FREE.

PING ID- snyders_wireless
Questions on nething cell phone related hit me up & ask. Flashing info Carrier info & if I don't know the answer right then ill research it till I get a clear answer for myself so I can give u a good answer

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Backup assistant is free on Verizon on any phone.

msoc14

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my phone which deleted Backup Assistant. It seemed to delete my whole BA account though. I can't access it online, it just goes straight to my mom's BA (the main account). I have tried switching the phone number to my number but it still goes to my mom's. I don't understand what happened, I have been using BA since my very old phone and my Blackberry. Is there any way to get it back?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays