Battery indicator not working?? (Staying at same %)

mikewelch5

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Starting about 3 hours ago my battery indicator stopped working. I rooted my phone last night, and downloaded setcpu. This was all last night. It continued to work through out the day and earlier I was messing with profiles on setcpu. My battery was at 37%. I didn't mess with my phone at all and picked it up and it was still at 37%. I was holy **** this program really works haha then I thought to myself this is too good to be true. I did a battery pull and when it came on it was at 21%. I thought it may have been a bug but it still wont go down. I let it charge for about 20 minutes and its at 27% now. But it still won't come down. Has this happened to anyone else?

Oh and I uninstalled setcpu to see if that might ahve been causing it. But still no luck. Thanks!

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't rooted but yesterday my process monitor reported that the CPU was at 100% load continuously for 20 minutes until I rebooted. The process monitor never showed what was consuming so much but I know it was accurate because my extended battery jumped down from 56% where it was staying at before reboot to a wopping 25% after reboot. The battery was also staying at 40C+.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

mikewelch5

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Still not working today after numerous restarts and battery pulls. I take it no one else has had this problem? It charges fine and the % goes up correctly, but it still wont come down. Only after a reboot will it show the right %.

Thanks!

yeabuddi

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
battery pull

Also this happends when you switch reg battery for ext. battery
It has to get used to the new battery size and wont show %'s till about 2-3 charges after

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed mine doing the same but it reads correct after a few min of using the phone.

I was using a different charger that had a higher output and since have stopped using it. Im hoping I did not ruin the battery...