Battery is useless after latest Android (11) update

ChatBot1234

May 1, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,

A couple of nights ago, I updated Android 11 on my phone.

Big regrets!

In the morning my battery is really low, even when I charge it to 100% the day before,

This morning the battery was at 4% even though I closed all the apps I was using. Normally it would be at at least 60%.

Anything I can do about it or if this now my life? :(

Reactions: Michaelangelo28

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Turn your phone off and then turn it back on by holding the volume down and power button together. Navigate the menus with volume up and down and select things with the power button. Only wipe the cache partition, not the data partition.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, I think Nokia doesn't allow the user to wipe the cache partition (since I'm pretty sure it uses dual A/B partitions for seamless updates, which disallows wiping the cache partition).

See if it still drains like that in Safe Mode: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/nokia/nokia-53/safe-mode/. If it doesn't, then some 3rd party app is probably glitching after the update.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, I think Nokia doesn't allow the user to wipe the cache partition (since I'm pretty sure it uses dual A/B partitions for seamless updates, which disallows wiping the cache partition).

See if it still drains like that in Safe Mode: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/nokia/nokia-53/safe-mode/. If it doesn't, then some 3rd party app is probably glitching after the update.
A-B partitions showed so much promise, but just ended up making things worse and not making anything better. I seem to have fallen out of touch with non Samsung Android...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A-B partitions showed so much promise, but just ended up making things worse and not making anything better. I seem to have fallen out of touch with non Samsung Android...
I think most manufacturers use dual partitions now -- Samsung is the main holdout. I've found it to be pretty problem-free on Pixels, and it's nice not to have to wait a long time when doing a system update. But it is one fewer troubleshooting step I can suggest ...

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I think most manufacturers use dual partitions now -- Samsung is the main holdout. I've found it to be pretty problem-free on Pixels, and it's nice not to have to wait a long time when doing a system update. But it is one fewer troubleshooting step I can suggest ...
I actually used to defend A-B partitioning being faster as well... A lot of people dissagreed, and I unfortunately had to admit I was wrong when I got my pixel 6 and it has as much or more downtime after an update as my Samsung phones. And if you're a "seeker" as so many on here are, the download and install is so incredibly mind numbingly slow.

May 2, 2023
Visit site
Hi all,

A couple of nights ago, I updated Android 11 on my phone.

Big regrets!

In the morning my battery is really low, even when I charge it to 100% the day before,

This morning the battery was at 4% even though I closed all the apps I was using. Normally it would be at at least 60%.

Anything I can do about it or if this now my life? :(
have you tried clear cache and reset settings?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I actually used to defend A-B partitioning being faster as well... A lot of people dissagreed, and I unfortunately had to admit I was wrong when I got my pixel 6 and it has as much or more downtime after an update as my Samsung phones. And if you're a "seeker" as so many on here are, the download and install is so incredibly mind numbingly slow.
Downtime? I've never seen that. It takes a long long time for the update to install and for apps to optimize in the background for me, but once it prompts me to restart, I'm back at the homescreen after about maybe 30 seconds, and can use the phone normally while the update finishes (again, in the background). I compare that to my Samsung devices (A32 5G and Tab A7 lite), which usually take upwards of 4-5 minutes after the restart to actually install the update, when the device is completely inaccessible.

Reactions: Michaelangelo28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter