Battery: Red "X" and Lightening Bolt

Emma Rose2

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Battery: Red "X

Hi I just bought a Samsung Galaxy tab a and I've only used it for 2 days and when I charge it on another charger I get red x can someone tell me why this happens

cloudy skies

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Usually, if the red "X" appears on the battery icon the tab is charged at a lower Amp. An example is when you attach it to the USB port of your computer. The lightning bolt appears when the charge Amp rating is correct, this is the case when plugging/using the wall charger to charge your tab. Both methods can charge your battery but the "red X" charging takes a lot longer. If you see both at the same time, maybe its time to head down to your Samsung repair shop.

The red x does take longer to charge, but I think it depends on amp output of charger. My Samsung charger shows a lightning bolt with 1 amp output. I have another KD interactive charger at 2 amps, and shows the red x. Is 2 amps goING to charge slower to charge than the original samsung 1 amp charger my tablet came with? Probably slower at 2 amps than 1 amp because it isn't the original oem charger. Want to try someday and see which one charges faster. Yes a damaged cord or port can cause the red x too from my experience with micro usb.

Mgmachine

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site
I had the red x happen to my galaxy tab a when using my charger. I plugged the charger into a extension cord when it happened, since went away when I added a surge protection outlet strip. Tighter connection to charger.