Battery size and price leak for Nexus 5

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If they made a Nexus 5 with a 3000mah battery then they wouldn't bother with making one. Unfortunately the idea two battery choices storage capacity seems to odd to be true.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
If they made a Nexus 5 with a 3000mah battery then they wouldn't bother with making one. Unfortunately the idea two battery choices storage capacity seems to odd to be true.

Unless the $399 version is a little thicker than the $299 version.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
That seems rather odd to me, they would essentially have a completely different package to accommodate for the 3000mah, just doesnt seem logical but will see

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Unless the $399 version is a little thicker than the $299 version.

Odd part is having an option of having another battery option to begin with. My point if they made 3000mah Nexus 5 there is no point having 2300mah version.

16GB Nexus 5 2300mah Battery
32GB Nexus 5 3000mah Battery

What is point?

Is idea that people that want16GB storage don't want the bigger battery....

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it's all in the price. If people can't shell out $400 for a new phone, but they can do $300 you'll have to take some compromises. Which is battery size and storage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

OffKilter

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I would really like this rumour to be true, but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be false. Either way, I am getting the next Nexus (which I'm betting will be called Nexus 4 2013 edition, not Nexus 5).

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/08/so-many-ridiculous-nexus-5-rumors-today/
^
"In terms of an FCC filing, we can look to two of Motorola’s new devices for a potentially similar situation. When the DROID ULTRA and MAXX stopped off at the FCC, they showed up together in a single filing since they are technically the same device except with different batteries. The FCC documents submitted listed both battery sizes. We’d link you to the FCC docs for it, but the FCC is closed for the time being since our government is full of a bunch of morons. Instead, check this image for proof (via) See that, one filing – two batteries listed. Now, if you look below at the FCC docs for the Nexus 5, we have one single mention of a 2300mAh battery size.. "

"Also, we should point out that if you are changing the battery size in a phone, you are also changing the size of the phone. We have yet to see any mention of multiple sized Nexus devices. Previous Nexus devices from Google have never had varying battery or frame sizes outside of the Galaxy Nexus because one version had LTE and the other did not (and it was only 100mAh). From the Nexus One to the Nexus S to last year’s Nexus 4, all we saw was internal storage changes, never the battery or size. With the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, same deal – just storage changes. It just seems so un-Google to release two of the same phone with different battery and phone sizes. Because think about it, you can’t toss a battery that big into a phone and not have it adjust the thickness. Again, look at what Motorola did with the ULTRA (7.18mm thick) and MAXX (8.5mm thick)."

"This one is a classic retailer play, which we see time and time again prior to product launches. According to random Japanese retailer Gecko & Co, the Nexus 5 will be released on November 14 in both 16GB and 32GB models. Who the hell is Gecko & Co? Apparently, they are a small enough outfit that they had to help sell their own listing and reputation as being legit because they previously sold the Nexus S and Nexus One. Seriously, go to their site and read for yourself."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I would really like this rumour to be true, but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be false. Either way, I am getting the next Nexus (which I'm betting will be called Nexus 4 2013 edition, not Nexus 5).

That wouldn't be very good for marketing the new phone.

Also, this rumor seems very unlikely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86