Been trying to connect GW4 to phone for over a month now

Afakasi29

Oct 22, 2021
Visit site
So I've reached a point of desperation with this. I have probably spent 30 total hours with Verizon through in-store visits, chat boxes, and phone calls. My wife and I both brought over S21+'s from T-Mobile to Verizon not too long ago. When the GW4 came out we ordered two and paid for mobile plans for them. When the watches came we were unable to connect our mobile plans to the watches. Shortly after that, I bought a Z Fold 3. After I got a new phone I decided to try connecting my watch to its mobile plan again and it worked right away. So, I suspected that T-Mobile firmware was in part to blame for our watches not being able to connect correctly. I used Odin to flash unlocked software to my wife's phone hoping that by running unlocked software she would be able to set up her mobile network but that also did not work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what we can do? The last time I spoke with Verizon they were so stumped they passed me over to Samsung. Samsung just walked me through the basic setup that comes in the manual and then 2 hours into that phone call said sorry we can't hear you well and hung up.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
So I've reached a point of desperation with this. I have probably spent 30 total hours with Verizon through in-store visits, chat boxes, and phone calls. My wife and I both brought over S21+'s from T-Mobile to Verizon not too long ago. When the GW4 came out we ordered two and paid for mobile plans for them. When the watches came we were unable to connect our mobile plans to the watches. Shortly after that, I bought a Z Fold 3. After I got a new phone I decided to try connecting my watch to its mobile plan again and it worked right away. So, I suspected that T-Mobile firmware was in part to blame for our watches not being able to connect correctly. I used Odin to flash unlocked software to my wife's phone hoping that by running unlocked software she would be able to set up her mobile network but that also did not work.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what we can do? The last time I spoke with Verizon they were so stumped they passed me over to Samsung. Samsung just walked me through the basic setup that comes in the manual and then 2 hours into that phone call said sorry we can't hear you well and hung up.

I would demand a replacement. Enough is enough with trying to accomplish something that should have happened in the first day.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would demand a replacement. Enough is enough with trying to accomplish something that should have happened in the first day.
IMO, the only place he can try that is Samsung, and that would be a nightmare to do and probably won't happen. He will definitely have to send the phones in for repair first, maybe the watch also.

This probably has more to do with the number sharing. Since it works after buying the fold 3, there's something Verizon and T-Mobile number sharing that don't let them communicate.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000