best battery saver and app killer apps?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The OS does a great job of stopping tasks and saving your battery life. Another thing besides, what's your battery life like now, is are you using any apps that run in the background... like the HTC Clock app that has weather on the clock, and how often you have the app check the weather? If it checks every hour you might want to change that to every 2 hours.... etc, etc, etc.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
We need to know what market apps you have installed. And what's your usage like? A lot of texting/calling/web browsing? As much detail as possible would be appreciated.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Brad48

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
We need to know what market apps you have installed. And what's your usage like? A lot of texting/calling/web browsing? As much detail as possible would be appreciated.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Im on facebook and twitter alot, texting alot, calling ehhh not so much. but when im done with facebook and twitter i can and forceclose them, and i have like wordswith friends installed and angrybirds, nothing crazy.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Im on facebook and twitter alot, texting alot, calling ehhh not so much. but when im done with facebook and twitter i can and forceclose them, and i have like wordswith friends installed and angrybirds, nothing crazy.

For your use you're getting good battery life. You have to think that everytime you are doing something your screen is on, and that's the biggest battery drain.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I agree with iamlilysdad... facebook and twitter are big battery hogs even if you are using the "stock" apps that are on your myTouch4G... the Friend Stream app that came with your device, if you have it set to refresh every hour or less can be pulling a lot of data and processor time on your device... tweaking that back to every couple hours or more will help with your battery life.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

After you're done playing your round on Words with friends force close the app because it's always running in the background. Just look what was most using your battery. It was driving me crazy too, since I installed WWF my battery stamina dropped from 10-12 hours to 6-8. After I started using the method described above, my battery levels were back to normal. I sent feedback to the developer, no updates as yet tho.