Best car dock for Note 3?

BeyondMeasure

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i believe the correct name is car dock. Im looking for an hq hands free phone dock for ease of use in the car for general use and of course when using the gps. Im not familiar with these things so i was hoping someone could put me in the right direction.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: best car dock for note 3?

I'm using this iBolt one which has a good build quality and you can use their Dock and Drive programma available from the Play store.

iBolt.co - Stay connected with your world.

My only complaint is I might have to take some rubber out of the lower left leg so it doesn't press the volume button, and it doesn't yet come with a USB 3.0 plug, but the USB 2 plug works with the Note 3, although it can be tricky to plug in in the dark.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I still use my ibolt,, best car dock out there

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm using this iBolt one which has a good build quality and you can use their Dock and Drive programma available from the Play store.

My only complaint is I might have to take some rubber out of the lower left leg so it doesn't press the volume button, and it doesn't yet come with a USB 3.0 plug, but the USB 2 plug works with the Note 3, although it can be tricky to plug in in the dark.

im going to buy more usb 3 cables just so i can plug my phone in easier

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I use a Mountek. Looking at upgrading to the newer version with the magnet soon.

i wonder about that one, and the imagnet too. is the magnet strong enough to hold a big phone like the N3 in a case? all the photos show iphones with slim cases on them.

Fletchand

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Just started "test driving" this case that I got on Amazon. Exogear Exomount2. Only been 2 days so jury is still out. It's a universal mount so that's a plus and because the grip is centered it doesn't hit the power/volume buttons (which was one of my concerns with the iBolt). Concern now is stability when pressing on it etc. I'll report back after a few more days.

Amazon.com: ExoGear ExoMount 2 Universal Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Cradle Holder for iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS Samsung Galaxy S3 S2 Epic Touch 4G HTC OneX EVO 4G Rhyme DROID RAZR BIONIC INCREDIBLE 2 CHARGE Google Nexus BlackBerry Torch LG Revolution GPS

BeyondMeasure

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Looking forward to hearing about your Exomount review.
N like everyone else, yea i have size/quality concerns lol...

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I am another pleased iBolt user. I have the new version which allows mounting and charging the S3,S4,and the Notes 2&3. The free iBolt navigation software is also very good.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I have the ibolt as well. Works beautiful and dont even have to use the ibolt app for it to work.

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Yea, I don't like the app,, I use car home ultra. Much better than the ibolt app

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I use the ibolt app, the car home ultra app, and the Waze app depending on which features I desire for a given trip. They all have strong points and all are just a little different in their philosophy of what is important to a driver.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I use the OEM Samsung car dock. Nothing beats the fit and finish of OEM products. It worked great with my S3, Note 2 and now my Note 3.

BeyondMeasure

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Uh.. oh boy... whats this ibolt business? A dock that has its own app?
Sux2bu where does the samsung dock mount? Dash?

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I use the OEM Samsung car dock. Nothing beats the fit and finish of OEM products. It worked great with my S3, Note 2 and now my Note 3.

I had a really good quality Samsung dock with a sliding USB mount for my Note 1, but they don't do a proper Samsung charging dock for the note 3.

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Uh.. oh boy... whats this ibolt business? A dock that has its own app?
Sux2bu where does the samsung dock mount? Dash?

You can download the iBolt app to use with any car dock - it is free on the Play store - it's called Dock and Drive. I like it because as soon as you dock your phone with the connector it toggles Wi-Fi off, Bluetooth on, and you can set up large icon shortcuts to your music and nav programmes, and direct dials. You can set it so as soon as you undock it it turns off the apps it initiated too. Very convenient.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site

Just started "test driving" this case that I got on Amazon. Exogear Exomount2. Only been 2 days so jury is still out. It's a universal mount so that's a plus and because the grip is centered it doesn't hit the power/volume buttons (which was one of my concerns with the iBolt). Concern now is stability when pressing on it etc. I'll report back after a few more days.

Amazon.com: ExoGear ExoMount 2 Universal Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Cradle Holder for iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS Samsung Galaxy S3 S2 Epic Touch 4G HTC OneX EVO 4G Rhyme DROID RAZR BIONIC INCREDIBLE 2 CHARGE Google Nexus BlackBerry Torch LG Revolution GPS

I have this, and if you use the flip or s view case, avoid it.. It will compress the s view cover and or flip cover. The two prongs compress against the side of the phone and if you're not careful taking your phone in or out of this mount, scratches may occur.

This was when I had my gnII.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I found that as the Note 3 volume button is only 1.5mm wide, if you use a very harp knife and remove the second ridge on the lower left leg support rubber grip then the cradle can no longer affect the volume.

Perfect, and at some point soon they are going to provide USB3.0 connectivity.

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site

I have been an iBolt user in the past, and have always been pleased with their products.

But for my Note 3, I changed over to iOttie because it holds the phone in the portrait position very well, which didn't seem to be the case with the iBolt (based on the pictures I saw).

Amazon.com: iOttie One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3/2 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

51aLIotSF6L._SY300_.jpg

I just wrapped my USB charging cord through the back so that it is always handy and in the right spot.

I also am using this charger to keep the device charged quickly while in the car -
Amazon.com: [New Release] Anker? 24W / 2.4A + 2.4A (4.8A max) USB Car Charger - The World's Most Powerful Dual-Port Charger for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4; iPads and iPods; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note 2; Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX; HTC One

41v25WEW4YL._SY300_.jpg

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I have been an iBolt user in the past, and have always been pleased with their products.

But for my Note 3, I changed over to iOttie because it holds the phone in the portrait position very well, which didn't seem to be the case with the iBolt (based on the pictures I saw).

Amazon.com: iOttie One Touch XL Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3/2 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

View attachment 88470

I just wrapped my USB charging cord through the back so that it is always handy and in the right spot.

I also am using this charger to keep the device charged quickly while in the car -
Amazon.com: [New Release] Anker? 24W / 2.4A + 2.4A (4.8A max) USB Car Charger - The World's Most Powerful Dual-Port Charger for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4; iPads and iPods; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Note 2; Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX; HTC One

View attachment 88474

Not sure what version of ibolt you had but once I dock my phone I can turn it in any position and that baby is locked in tight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86