Best car mount. Want everyone's input

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Driving to myrtle in july would like a car mount. Would like input on the best out there! I'm leaning towards the arkon seat rail one with the 18" flex pipe.

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 5 of these installed - in all of our vehicles.

Samsung Galaxy S3 / S4 / Note 2 / 3 Car Dock - CraigsDocks

They are expensive, but there's nothing even remotely close to them that you can buy anywhere. They incorporate a USB connector right into the dock, so you just slide the phone into the dock and that's it; it docks by itself. Fits with any size case on the phone as well, even a Zero Lemon. They are individually machined and built by hand; one at a time. If you want the absolute best, this is the case.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have 5 of these installed - in all of our vehicles.

Samsung Galaxy S3 / S4 / Note 2 / 3 Car Dock - CraigsDocks

They are expensive, but there's nothing even remotely close to them that you can buy anywhere. They incorporate a USB connector right into the dock, so you just slide the phone into the dock and that's it; it docks by itself. Fits with any size case on the phone as well, even a Zero Lemon. They are individually machined and built by hand; one at a time. If you want the absolute best, this is the case.

Looks like a winner...on the wish list it goes. Thanks for the info

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Looks like a winner...on the wish list it goes. Thanks for the info
I use it with Car Home ultra...can't beat that app. Turns on my bluetooth, turns off my WiFi, sets screen brightness to 100%, turns off screen timeout...and all sorts of cool things, and I don't have to press a single button; I just dock it!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
2 phones later,, NOTE 2 and note 3 I still have not come across a car dock that I would consider replacing my ibolt with. Best dock out there.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Arkon seat rail in both of my cars and love them:
20140407_080305.jpg

Works great with my Note 3 and Nexus 7 tablet.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had three window mounts over the last few years. Every single one of them dropped off the window while I was driving and with the phone attached. Not good when you're on a motorway and the whole thing falls into the footwell! I tried wetting the sucker and various other 'fixes', but each of the three fell off more than once. So, what did I do? Started using blue tack to stick my mob to the dashboard. Been doing that for the last 18mths with my HoX and now the N3. The phone hasn't fallen a single time and it works a treat. It's a lot cheaper than those fancy shmancy cradle things and works better too. What's not to like? :p

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Clingo vent mount right now. You have to wash it every so often, but I love that it is univeral and will not block button on any phone ever (LG being a possible exception). It's biggest flaw is it does not launch any sort of car mode or car home.

NickinVA

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had three window mounts over the last few years. Every single one of them dropped off the window while I was driving and with the phone attached. Not good when you're on a motorway and the whole thing falls into the footwell! I tried wetting the sucker and various other 'fixes', but each of the three fell off more than once. So, what did I do? Started using blue tack to stick my mob to the dashboard. Been doing that for the last 18mths with my HoX and now the N3. The phone hasn't fallen a single time and it works a treat. It's a lot cheaper than those fancy shmancy cradle things and works better too. What's not to like? :p

ProClip is in your future. You won't regret it.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796